Sherline Lathe Quick Change Tool Post

uberlinuxgeek

Registered
Registered
Hello,
I currently make a quick change tool post solution for the Taig micro lathe. I am looking for a Sherline lathe owner that could help me adopt it to fit the Sherline. I would need to double check a couple dimensions with you and then I would make and ship as a prototype within a week. My design fits with A2Zcorp tool holders. The tool post uses a simple piston design. I can send pictures to a person I can work with and as a result there would be no cost with the tool post, 2 tool holders and mounting hardware. Only thing you may need to do is shorten the mounting bolt that anchors to cross slide. I normally charge 45 plus shipping.
Thank you
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a sherline in use, I can help you out with things. What do you need.

I was gonna' shout, "Hey Ken!" but you were fast ...

Yea, I am not consistent with logins as some days I do not get a chance to log in and then when I do I get to read one or two before I get tasked with something else. Then some days I actually get to see post that are current. One of these days I might get to finish a project also.

Do let us know how this works out.

Hello,
I currently make a quick change tool post solution for the Taig micro lathe. I am looking for a Sherline lathe owner that could help me adopt it to fit the Sherline. I would need to double check a couple dimensions with you and then I would make and ship as a prototype within a week. My design fits with A2Zcorp tool holders. The tool post uses a simple piston design. I can send pictures to a person I can work with and as a result there would be no cost with the tool post, 2 tool holders and mounting hardware. Only thing you may need to do is shorten the mounting bolt that anchors to cross slide. I normally charge 45 plus shipping.
Thank you
Tom

Tom,
I have a Sherline and a Taig lathe, but don't have quick change tool posts for either. Would be interested to see your solution, and know the source of the tool holders that fit.

Hello,
I presently have the Taig ones listed on eBay. If you like it can be found with a search for Taig Tool Post. The Sherline is a work in progress right now. But both will take holders that I make or ones from A2ZCorp.
Thank you

Hello,
I presently have the Taig ones listed on eBay. If you like it can be found with a search for Taig Tool Post. The Sherline is a work in progress right now. But both will take holders that I make or ones from A2ZCorp.
Thank you

Have the Sherline one ready yet??

Hello,
Sorry for not getting back sooner. Yes I have posted on eBay and do private sales for the Sherline one. Thanks to Ken who helped me make it happen.
Thanks
Tom

Back