Shop apron what is your favorite

Never used an apron, no that's not true I did wear them when i worked in a sand casting foundry many moons ago, the blue denim ones were fire resistant, then one week they sent white ones that weren't. I accidently lit the guy working the weight on and off the molds with my pour bucket....scared the crap out of both of us ...him a bit more I'm sure ....I'll pass on the apron....lol

Ben Davis machinist apron. Has the micrometer pocket, pocket for my scale, scriber, little screwdriver, and pencil. Two lower pockets. Nice heavy material. Dark denim blue hides the dirt well. $21.00 at the local work wear store. Duluth Trading looks to have a lot of cool stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Darrell

My favorite is the one my wife made me. I gave her a few specifics (am a tall person): denim material, tie from behind, and a single breast pocket in front. I also use it for my grilling.:))
---Joe

Do any of yall cut the apron strings off and reattach them with velcro? I read something once about doing that in case the apron got caught on something it would rip the apron off without taking the wearer with it. Seems like a well fitting apron would not be much of a hazard, but Im just curious if yall take that precaution.

Carhartt denim overalls. Wear em when I'm work on anything. They were a touch expensive, but they've saved me from ruining countless pairs of jeans and shirts so they've paid for themselves a couple times over...

I just started wearing one of the inexpensive Enco blue denim aprons. I don't like anything with a neck strap so I replace that with a cheap set of elastic suspenders. I would like a few more pen/scribes slots but once I figure out what I'm gona like it would be easy to mod.

image.jpg

My wife bought me a split leather welding apron. It is a long one, and instead of the normal around the neck straps it does an x across the back and then around the waist. I has kept not only the welding and cutting sparks off me, but the chips as well. The only problem is that the split leather does have a tendency to hold on to some of the lathe chips until you blow it off with compressed air.
and as normal could do with a few more pockets.
I need to get me a long denim one as it would not be a heavy and hot though.

Back