Shop Made Diamond Tool Sharpener

Good thread Doc! Man you’re engineering pile is to die for if this project is any indication.

When I was going into the different packing houses I used to see all kinds of juicy stuff in their bone piles. Just the stuff a junkyard dog like me can’t resist.

Thanks for putting up the link to this thread as it was long before I joined H-M so was not aware of it.

Last edited:
Good thread Doc! Man you’re engineering pile is to die for if this project is any indication.

When I was going into the different packing houses I used to see all kinds of juicy stuff in their bone piles. Just the stuff a junkyard dog like me can’t resist.

Thanks for putting up the link to this thread as it was long before I joined H-M so was not aware of it.
Thanks Tony for reading!
i try to keep it moving when it comes to projects and learning stuff!
some would argue that my garage is a huge bone pile!!!!
i can't resist trying to repurpose many of the materials i come across
when i come across a new treasure, if i can't use it right now, or i see potential, i'll keep it
if not it may end up at the scrapper, but not very often :grin:
i'm happy that an old thread was thought provocative, if nothing else!

Making a low speed lap is on my long range list. There was a really nice Leonard grind-r-lap on CL in LA but it was not clear how you’d mount disks on it and the guy wanted too much $$. So it went away.

There is just stuff you look at when you been a bodger all your life and you know it will be useful. Maybe not right now, next week, but maybe 10yrs from now. The last couple of years has seen a lot of my cool old scores get used up. So I’m always on the look out. I have way more plans than I have materials or time.

Back