shop made tooling

Mark_f

Registered
Registered
I am not sure where to put this but I think it fits here. Many of you know I make my own tooling and my primary reason ( besides I need it) is to show others how to have quality tooling at a low cost. I got an email from someone, don't know if they are on here or another forum I used to belong to, but the email made me angry in the sense they said " you can't make all the stuff you say you made". Short of photos, I would invite anyone to my shop to see for themselves what can be done with very little. These photos are the tooling I have made in the last 6 months ( or at least most of it), and the total cost for material for all this is under $250. that being said , I have access to a lot of scrap at the moment. There are a LOT of hours here also, but I don't count that making for myself.

tooling1.jpg
tooling.jpg
Drill Sharpener 7.jpg

I really don't know what else to say,

Mark Frazier

tooling1.jpg tooling.jpg Drill Sharpener 7.jpg

Mark, I would say that the person who wrote that email has no confidence in their own ability and is a bit jealous.

Nice looking collection, I wish I had the energy to do all of that.

Why would somebody say that? If you have good tools available and the know-how stuff really doesn't take all that long to make.

Your projects look fantastic, Mark! That's quite the drill sharpening jig!

Mark, I would not worry about those random obtuse e-mails. Since you are exposing yourself to the worldwide internet. Which means you can find the nicest person on the planet or the biggest jerk or maybe somebody in between those two. And then there is, I call them the “internet authors”, they think they know it all and love to type. I say to them, get a life. Mark, don’t sweat it, keep doing your wonderful tinkering…Good Luck, Dave.

I suppose you are right, but I don't have the patience for that crap anymore. If I don't like someones postings, I keep my mouth shut and go on my way (unless they attack me personally). I guess ya have to expect this in this day and age though. I don't steal, I don't lie, and I will help anyone that asks. that is just how I was brought up.

Mark Frazier

Mark, I would not worry about those random obtuse e-mails. Since you are exposing yourself to the worldwide internet. Which means you can find the nicest person on the planet or the biggest jerk or maybe somebody in between those two. And then there is, I call them the “internet authors”, they think they know it all and love to type. I say to them, get a life. Mark, don’t sweat it, keep doing your wonderful tinkering…Good Luck, Dave.

Mark---wish I lived closer to you to visit and work on projects--- using our inventories we collected ahead of time--- when they were available---I am 70 tomorrow and really enjoy my shops---friends inspire me of better time usage----you have made very many nice tooling for your shop--thanks for showing them------Dave

Mark, I too have enjoyed seeing you're projects. Please don't get discouraged from one email. Some of you're projects have inspired me to start making plans & gathering the material to start some of my own projects.
Phil.

This was just one troll amongst maybe hundreds of admirers of your work, including me, I'm encouraged to try harder and do better after seeing it.

Don't be discouraged, keep up the good work....

Bernard

I find it a bit funny. Someone had to make everything.... So why not you? I'm pretty sure we went to space on manual machines so surely a dividing head is not above any of us. Given time, tooling and care anyways. And if I believe I could stumble through it, I know for certain a man of your talent would have no issue.

I will have to echo the postings above. Once you post on the net, you open yourself to every type of person with a computer. Most are armchair machinists at best and envious trolls at worst. I've been machining for more than 35 years and I still learn something new every day. I enjoy seeing others' work and hearing their methods so please don't stop sharing your talents.

But, if you really want to prove you made these tools, send to me and I'll verify the work. :lmao:

Back