shop made tooling

Your work and postings are inspirational.
Please continue the powerful contributions!

Thank you,
Daryl
MN

Hi Mark,

You can look at it this way for a moment,

A mans worth to himself is greatest of all.
not everyone believes great things can be accomplished with great intention.

i would try to let the haters remarks roll from my back like a duck in the rain.
your work speaks volumes of your abilities and attention to detail.

he ,in all actuality, would not be qualified to carry your jock , so laugh at the diversity when you can:))

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Hi Mark,

You can look at it this way for a moment,

A mans worth to himself is greatest of all.
not everyone believes great things can be accomplished with great intention.

i would try to let the haters remarks roll from my back like a duck in the rain.
your work speaks volumes of your abilities and attention to detail.

he ,in all actuality, would not be qualified to carry your jock , so laugh at the diversity when you can:))

We need video proof with all measurements and tooling used ! Lol You don't have to prove anything to anyone .

Mark-

Just an echo to what everyone else has already said. Your work speaks for itself and pay no attention to the random BS that gets flung in your direction. I've followed a number of your posts as well as those of other members and there is a common thread to many: If you have a decent set of tools and the skill to use them, then the only limit is your imagination. If you also have an active imagination, then there is no limit to what you can create. Carry on!

Mark,

I'm a newbie here but your shop-made tooling and obvious skill speak for themselves...

I often remind myself what George Burns said many years ago: "It's no wonder our country is in the state it's in - everyone who really knows how to run it is either cutting hair or driving a taxi."

Paraphrasing to this comment, today we can add to that 'or is in their mother's basement giving advice on machining"

Keep up the good work, we've got your back!

When my son was 12 years old, his grandfather(a master machinist) taught him lathe work , blacksmithing, etc. One of his first projects was making a cold chisel from scratch. Now about 25 years later, my son now has his late grandfather's Sheldon 10" lathe. He has completely rebuilt that lathe to its original glory. The old man would had been proud. People have asked me; why make a chisel when you can buy one. I tell them; if you have to ask, then there is no point in explaining why. Keep up the good work , Mark.

Ditto, ditto, ditto.

It's actually a compliment when your creations are disbelieved by detractors.

My gadgets are functional, but crude in appearance (I don't do 'pretty'). Hence, more believable.

Your projects look like factory production. Very well done...

Very very nice work Mark! And don't worry about dislike trolls their 5 percenters anyways. 5% 'ers a term said by high school priciplal back in the 50s thats someone that
amounts to -0-

sam

Very nice stuff Mark .

I wish I had all the skills n time to take those kind of projects, maybe some day I will.

I met my best friend 6 yrs ago . by posting how to do something on a lathe.
I got a lot of negative replys. But it only took one person to answer with the support to try it.
Since then he has been my machining and fabricating mentor / teacher and eventually my best friend.
Now I have a nicely equipped modest one car garage shop & I find I make my own items as I need them.

The criticism or opinion of another should not deter you, it should inspire you.
Its your satisfaction of your work and yours alone. Thats why we are hobbyists. The shear enjoyment of the work, projects and learning as we go.
I know I am proud of my projects, even after it takes a few tries to get it right.

Back