Shop Photos

I start to get a nervous tic when I see a working shop that clean. I have no idea how you do that while still getting things done. My shop has more, uh, character and patina, yes, that's it, with work, tools, and tooling laying around that has obviously been in progress for some time. It makes me feel "busy..." ;)

That is a seriously sanitary shop! I am sure your fly rods reflect the same values...

Welcome to H-M!

Very nice, love a clean shop. Means that the owner likes clean and his products will reflect it.

I looked your website over as well Daniel, very nice products and look to be expertly crafted. Thanks for the post.

That's not a shop, it's a museum display area. There aren't even any footprints.

Thanks for all the comments. Yes, my shop is clean and I keep it that way. Its just something about the way I work. I clean up after every operation, wheather on the lathe, mill or working with bamboo, I just clean up as I go along. In my web site www.ziarods.com (at the end) there are other LINKS to some of my work.

Very nice. What's the sheet metal box above the wood lathe?

The sheet metal box is an oven, operated by the heat gun. I put strips of bamboo into the oven to temper them, which makes the bamboo stronger and less likely to take a set, (keep a bend) in the fine tip sections when the rod is fished. It takes 18 strips of bamboo to make one two piece/two tip rod. I heat temper the 18 strips of bamboo for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. I use the various lathes and milling machines in my shop to make the Nickel Silver reel seat components.

What a lovely shop, Would certainly shame some of the tramps I have known throughout the years, It is a credit to you.

Back