Shop re-do

Jack , you're located in the land of woods up there in NY . :grin:

what kind of Bridgeport are you looking for??

That was a tongue in cheek reference to a comment that I made ages ago that I didn’t have enough room for a Bridgeport.

I could probably fit one in now.
But let’s not go down that road :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will love having plywood on the walls. You will be able to mount things where you want them rather than being dictated by where the studs are. With the insulation you might even be able to climate control the workshop.

I’m already loving the plywood as I just screwed the VFD for the mill to the wall.

It definitely won’t take much to keep it comfortable as our climate here is super mild.
It’s a lovely 64 F today.
It rarely get anywhere close to 85 F in summer. Most days are 75 F range.
Winter days are in the 50’s.

Last edited:
My garage is climate controlled. Controlled by the climate outside. 95 to 105 during the summer months and 30's and 40's in the winter. Spring and fall are the only days that I can really get anything done. Summer mornings til about 9 am before it gets too hot.

Being able to move stuff out is a huge help as I'm sure you have found with the cargo container. I have a carport so once I put up a fence making it more secure I have been able to park stuff there while I figure out the more permanent arrangements.

My garage is climate controlled. Controlled by the climate outside. 95 to 105 during the summer months and 30's and 40's in the winter. Spring and fall are the only days that I can really get anything done. Summer mornings til about 9 am before it gets too hot.

call me when you have to clean the snow drift off the air compressor.....

Looking good David. I installed 5/8" thick plywood on my shop walls and love it. Can hang cabinets and what-not anywhere.

I just installed a mini-split and had the guys come out and charge it yesterday. Good thing too because it is near 90 now with 95% humidity. Love my new shop!

call me when you have to clean the snow drift off the air compressor.....

What is this snow stuff you speak of?
(Kidding of course. I grew up in Alberta. -40F was a thing.)

I also have plywood on the lower 8' of wall in a large part of my shop. Love being able to screw to the wall anywhere I want with no concerns. I can also bump into it with long pieces of steel without damaging it.

Back