Shop re-do

Looking good David. I installed 5/8" thick plywood on my shop walls and love it. Can hang cabinets and what-not anywhere.

I just installed a mini-split and had the guys come out and charge it yesterday. Good thing too because it is near 90 now with 95% humidity. Love my new shop!

I’m currently just sitting in the space enjoying the relative serenity of semi-order.
My partner said there hasn’t been this much room in here in the 14 years she’s owned the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snow? That funny white stuff. When I first moved to my house in 2014 the common description for the area was "above the fog and below the snow." It has been getting colder, not warmer here, and now I get snow. More this year than last year.

IMG_3678.JPG

More evidence of colder weather is that the fruit on my fruit trees is getting ripe later by two to three weeks. And I have been using more propane and firewood to heat the house. Summer temps are still in the 95 to 105 range.

@DavidR8 "Working around all of the stuff was driving me crazy so I rented a container which arrived on Monday. Happy days! A few pics will give you an idea of the chaos I’m trying to tame."

The "motto" of many of my shops over the years:
15 puzzle.jpg

David, before you put that Starret poster up, you might want to install some kind of splash guard behind your lathe, and put the poster higher up, or off to one side. That cutting oil does tend to get around. I'm sure you will have the shop sorted out soon. Cheers, Mike

David, before you put that Starret poster up, you might want to install some kind of splash guard behind your lathe, and put the poster higher up, or off to one side. That cutting oil does tend to get around. I'm sure you will have the shop sorted out soon. Cheers, Mike

Thanks Mike, indeed it will likely go over the toolbox.
I’m thinking about some hard plastic on the wall behind the lathe, easy to wipe off any spots etc.

Damn brother! You have it worse than I do! My condolences.... You need to make some hard decisions like I'm currently doing, getting rid of stuff. Definitely keep It clear where you're welding.

Damn brother! You have it worse than I do! My condolences.... You need to make some hard decisions like I'm currently doing, getting rid of stuff. Definitely keep It clear where you're welding.

Clearing out unwanted stuff is top of the priority list. I cannot deal with the clutter and cramped space.
Safety while welding is paramount for me.

you might consider an high quality industrial paint for the plywood. This will keep the plywood from staining. Also you can use a brighter color that will help reflect light and make the shop brighter.

I have seriously been on Zillow looking for new homes with a free standing garage, or at the very least, 3 car garage. I have sized down as much as I can. Thrown out more than I probably should have. Yet I had a NEAR purchase of a Tormach 770 with many extras locally that I had to let pass because there was NO WAY I could afford 6' x 5' (min) to have it here in my shop. Very depressing. It sucks when you work your whole life, find "your thing" and can't go full bore with because of lack of space. I guess I need my hobby to be sitting on the couch watching TV....

Back