Shop vac and wrenches

If I was to make an 'adjustable pin spanner' out of a pair of pliers, I would have to machine the teeth down smooth, and maybe even mount a couple of pieces of brass, as 'soft jaws'... that might actually work pretty well... thoughts?

-Bear
I have a couple of "aircraft" electrical connector pliers that have a nylon(?) insert on both jaws. Such might well serve as the base for a tool like that. I'll have to give it a try, one day when I can find them. There might be a limit though from the curved jaws.(?)

I have two pairs of those, and actually get a lot of use out of them. We called them "sweet lips" for getting those tough ITT/Cannon plugs that no human being was expected to ever reach, let alone break loose.

I have two pairs of those, and actually get a lot of use out of them. We called them "sweet lips" for getting those tough ITT/Cannon plugs that no human being was expected to ever reach, let alone break loose.
We had those same plugs on the mold at the steel mill. After the heat, and corrosion, and water, they were a bear to get apart even under open conditions. ZAMAK or some other aluminium alloy? After a couple or three changes, they were about useless. And management thought they should last near forever. The pliers did help, but only marginally so.

Back