Shop Wiring

Markba thanks for the correction, you are correct, I got that backwards. I mixed up the Nanometer wavelength (at which 480nm is in the blue spectrum and red is in the 650 range) with Calvin readings.

Two of the handiest outlets in my shop are in the ceiling. One over my work bench island and one on the other side of the shop over a lathe. I keep a pair of those short drop-cords plugged into them so I don't have to get a step ladder to use them.

"In a shop, surface wiring in conduit is the only way to go for everything IMHO. It's easy to make changes and matches the later additions when you need them. It's a little more work but worth the effort in the end. Plastic conduit is cheap and easy to install, but use metal boxes. Surface mount the breaker panel also."

This, but I would use the metal conduit. Current shop is wired in the walls with insulation and sheetrock. Thought I put enough extra in for expansion. WRONG! Now I wish I had put everything external.

I've got ceiling mounted outlets above each work area. Would do again.

I chose all wiring in EMT conduit for my shop. Glad I did it that way. Bending conduit is not hard to learn and fun.

Back