Shoptask 1720 xmtc help

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving!! My dad and I just purchased a used Shoptask 1720 xmtc gold last night. When we were looking it over there is a lot of slop in it and it was not kept very clean. This weekend I plan to spend several hours cleaning all of the rails and getting it back into better shape. However, I am wondering how to take the slop out of it. When you turn the knobs to adjust it the front will move before 1/8" before the back starts to move. I do not know much about milling but I do know that this does not make for very accurate work. This is true for both the X and Y axis. Any information would be very helpful. Thank you.
We have parts , tools and technical help for your machine- www.cnctoolexpress.com

There will be many instances where the tail stock must be removed. I made a tail stock support that sw8hgs away from the bed. Don't have a pic as I gifted the shoptask to a fellow engineer.

I like Little Machine Shop, they have a good return policy. Even though they charge a bit more than buying the same item from say Ebay/China

Back