Short and fat Starrett plumb bob

dzarren

Registered
Registered
Hello!
Today I saw a starrett plumb bob in the box, and I took it out of the box to have a look.

I could not see a starrett name/badge anywhere on the plumb bob, and it looked like it had been polished quite heavily. So the stamp may be gone from that.

But initially I thought it to not he a starrett and it was just the box. So I didnt grab it, because I wasn't sure what it was. I didn5 recall seeing anything like the one I saw today in the catalogs, only the tall and skinny mercury filled one, or the more modern tapered ones.

This picture is not of the one I saw today, but one I found online. The box is identical and actually, the plumb bob is that exact shape(ish) although it is bare steel and not painted black.
Is the example in this picture a real startett? I do not see this in any of the catalogs I see, the closest thing I see is maybe the plumb bob here on the steel tapes, from a much later catalog.

Judging based on the box, what era of starrett is this likely to be?

Screenshot_20190808-205859_Chrome.jpg

Here is the ad with one that might be similar, I dont see any plumb bob like this one in any catalogs online. I wouldn't think it was starrett at all if not the short fat box that says plumb bob, so clearly a plumb bob of this proportion existed.

Thanks for reading, if you have one of these I would love to see your example!Screenshot_20190808-205115_Drive.jpg

Back