Short chop build

GunsOfNavarone

Registered
Registered
I have been a motorcycle rider since I was 6...back in 1975! Anyway, I sold my last bike about 10 years ago and have been building cars/trucks since. I'm not a big biker anymore, but can y see throwing the kind of money i been throwing at vehicle the last...well very long time, so I decided to build a bike. I didn't want to go Harley, wanted metric so I picked up a 97 Honda Shadow VLX....I know, boring. I wanted to see how far I could change that realistically.
it's been a relaxed pace year now and am finally nearing the final stages to begin the real reassembly...who knows, another year? No rush. Here is pics for anyone interested

Before:
2017-03-18_19-33-05_332.jpg

2018-05-04_19-58-08_612.jpg

IMG_20180511_183800_829.jpgIMG_20180412_190814_525.jpg2018-03-23_21-11-27_021 (1).jpgimage (2017-11-12T04_28_02.329).jpg

I started on a BSA chop about 5 years ago.still on frame table covered with crap..hope to work on this winter.yours looks real nice.good job..taking a break from Harley's .but have nuff to build another shovel head.

Very cool to see a metric build, nothing against harleys as i dig all bikes, just like to see new stuff being done. I think I have seen just about every thing that can be done on a Harley, lol. Very cool build.

Thanks everyone! I have nothing against Harleys either, I just (originally) wanted to do an inexpensive build and make about as much as I can. Powder coating alone I've dumped $1200 on and still have frame and misc parts too do. I replaced every seal, gasket, bearing, bushing and anything else you can come up with. I'm in no rush and whomever i sell it to when I'm done is going to get a brand new, very custom bike. I'm not sure where putting the machine shop in is going to take me next!

Very nice, I do like the cross over on the pipes (plus all the other stuff of course)

Thank you. I am kinda on hold waiting for my new lathe & mill skills to start kicking in!
I'm not really a bike guy so much anymore...hence the metric bike over a HD. Just don't have the room for another car build, and if like spend some money on building s humble machine shop!

Back