Short Dabbles

Dabbler

Administrator
Staff member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I do a lot of really little and short projects, so I hardly ever remember to take pictures, etc. Here's an attempt to post some of these shorts.

Last fall (I think) a friend and I went out to a garage where the guy had lots of random stuff for sale... The thing he wanted was not at all acceptable, but I found a little slide storage unit, all metal, for a steal:End Mill Cabinet.JPG

This week I removed all of the 200+ spot welds and took out all the dividers... Now I have an improvised end mill / R8 collet storage!

- that was needed as I recently acquired another batch of end mills.

What are you going to do for dividers for the end Mills? I ask because I’m in a similar situation and need something like scalloped trays to lay drills, reamers and end Mills in. I KNOW I saw something in a thread somewhere that was just the thing but can’t remember where and dont know what to call them to find them elsewhere. You wouldn’t think it would be that big a deal.

I have a larger one. I made drawers for it and put the plastic trays in.
You older guys will remember names like, Lawson, Kent, Curtis, Karr, Kimbal Midwest.
They would sell assortments that came with these organizers. Very handy to own for sure.

What are you going to do for dividers

For the moment, they are all out of boxes and other assorted food containers and into the drawers. I have a good friend that has a 3D printer, and we thought of some dividers thar would work for the end mills. If that project launches, I'll post it here.

I've thought of various wooden dividers and cardboard, etc. Even Choroplast ones (the plastic stuff that looks like the stuff boxes are made of).

@Janderso What trays did you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
After literally hours of surfing and going at this search I FINALLY found what I think I saw randomly in a thread somewhere. It’s called a slotted groove tray and I should have known it was made by Lista. They make different ones but the SGT-4 I think would be the one I’d like to find used. In case you’re watching Dave, king of all things Lista, have any you want to get rid of?
Lista SGT-4 Slotted Grooved Trays 4 Compartment Lot Of 14

Back