Should I get rid of my drill press?

I kept my drill press, for those situations where you have something setup on the Mill and before you can get to it, you need a hole drilled.

Ditto.

Keep the drill press, many times you'll want a quick hole and tearing down the setup on the mill can't be done because the hole you're drilling Is so you can continue milling.
Ditto.

Like the others have said projects in the mill will affect this greatly. I have kept my drill press and it does get a lot of use. So I lean towards keeping it.
Have a good day
ray

I have a 7x12 lathe and I just purchased a Precision Matthews PM-25V mill. I have an old Ryobi drill press that I'm contemplating of getting rid of. My "shop" is in my 2 car garage that has to share space with my car and other things, so I'm a bit short on space. I read that mills double has drill presses. If I get rid of my drill press, that'll give me some much needed extra space.
Today I have just Mill/Drill do to lack of space.
In past I 6 drill press with power feed
But had big shop and had employees.

Dave

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

keep it I use mine for quick job. I use the mill for bigger and more accurate holes.
Besides 2 weeks after you get rid of it you'll kick yourself in the ass

If I have a piece in the mill, I’d use it to drill a hole, but I’ve never purposely sought out the mill to drill a hole. But I also own big buck drill presses.

Back