Should I remove lathe head

Progress has been a bit slow last week. Temperatures here have been up around 106 degrees and not conducive to being inside a corrugated iron shed.
Tumbarumba is a small country town in the Snowy Mountain region and local population has been swelled by a large contingent of bush fire fighters trying to control some fires near here but they jumped containment lines the other night.
We are well safe but the toll on the wildlife has been significant. The extended drought (now over 12 months), is taking a huge toll on the local farmers.
Looks like a couple of cooler days coming up later in the week so hopefully back into the lathe.

I have a similar size,(14 x 40), with variable speed a feature which I love. If you are going to re-power it would be worth looking at a suitable motor and matching VFD. The flexibility of varying speed on the fly is extremely useful. I'm in the head off and proper clean-up camp.

Got new motor for the lathe and also one for an old Australian made Lampard power hacksaw I had restored which used up all my pocket money. Great to see the saw finally completed and now made its first cut so I can build a bench for the lathe when it is finished. Have attached a couple of before and after pics. Saw 01.JPGSaw 02.jpgSaw 03.jpgSaw 04.jpg

Back