Show Me Your Milling Machine Chip Guards

You can get a whole bunchalot of Coroplast absolutely FREE in about a week or so. Just go out after election day and collect as many political signs as you want. Free rebar, too (at least, here in Arizona, where that's used to support the signs)! Incidentally, you'll be doing a public service. Everywhere I know of, candidates are obligated to collect their signs within a reasonable time after the election.

I removed the factory chip guard & I work without a chip guard.

I need to build something myself. Cutting with an end mill isn't too bad, but that fly cutter is insane! It throws chips at least 10-12 feet (3+ meters)! I haven't used mine in a few weeks and I'm still finding chips from it.

I was thinking of hanging a shower curtain from the ceiling to control the chips thrown to the back and sides. For the front, maybe some Plexiglas or polycarbonate with magnets. But, the Coroplast is really cheap and might be better. I just have to think about how to attach it to my PM25.

I think I spend more time vacuuming than cutting!

Last edited:
Robert: What are the white panels made from? How are they attached?

They are corrugated plastic like yard signs. They are sandwiched between two aluminum angles.
Robert

Last edited:
Reactions: tjb
RWM,
I really like what you have done sir.

Reactions: rwm
Back