Show us what you make with your home cnc machines

I'm restoring a 1965 Honda CT200 Trail 90. The exhaust system is, well, exhausted. I'm making a new one, since NOS parts are few and far between. I needed to drill a bunch of holes in a piece of pipe for the centre tube of the muffler. Rather than measure out all 896 holes, I did up a bit of G-code to drill a single row 22 holes long at a 3/8" spacing. My maximum X-axis travel is just over 9".

Since the actual spacing isn't all that critical, I mounted the tube on two V-blocks and positioned the rotational divisions by eye. 16 rows in a staggered pattern. Each 22-hole pattern took just under 4 minutes. I did edit in a 50% increase in Z-axis plunge part way through.

P3230861a.jpg

I'd still be measuring and drilling if I was doing it on the drill press.

P3230861a.jpg

that looks good hawkeye.
i made these friday for old iron's hendey shaper, they are going to be way wipers
steve

DSCF0731.JPG DSCF0730.JPG

Steve

The sugar mill is very nice. I like how you machined the spokes on the big gear. I could only see one clamp holding it to the table did I miss something.

Dave

there was just the center bolt and one clamp the jig is bolted to the table with 4 t-nuts.
this sherline wont hog out metal so it's a slow process.
one thing i didnt mention is the plate/disc was cast and then turned, at the time i could not afford material so i rough cast all the aluminum parts
steve

Today I made a back support bracket for my friends grand-daughters office chair.
steve

DSCF0742.JPG DSCF0743.JPG DSCF0744.JPG

Back