Show us your 4x6 Bandsaw Modifications!

Cool. My saw is on 4 larger casters so I can maneuver it in tight places

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, Can you show us your cool design with casters?

Hello,

Here are simple modifications I made to my HF bandsaw. I used a simple plastic cart and mounted the saw to it using uni-strut. The uni-strut made a strong base and allows me to use it in a vertical or horizontal position easily. The tray can be used for a coolant in the future.

View attachment 144786

View attachment 144787
Hi, We're saw manufacturer from Taiwan,many customer suggest us to add wheel set on the machine, therefore, we would like to ask some question below:
1. What is the purpose for you to have this wheel?
2. Is it necessary for you? why?
3. What environment you put this machine while cutting? does it relate to the wheel? I mean if you need to cut something, will you move your saw to outdoor?
4. What will be the recommend wheel size or design by your opinion?
5. Does those wheels will be the first priority for you to make decision when you want to buy a saw? why?
6. What is your job? a home user? please share with us any relate to the wheel set, thanks

My Craigslist find, 2002 model, made in Taiwan. The saw is solid but the stand is trash so I got a stick of 1 1/4” tube and a stick of 3”x3” angle and this is the result. I will be doing several more mods before this project is finished but I felt like a good base was the place to start. A down feed, true up the drive wheels, beef up the vise, maybe a VFD and 3ph motor are also planned. I replaced the guide bearings and aligned the new blade after I got the saw and it cuts square and true so I have a good base saw to start with.
More later.

0F4310E7-204C-4ADF-A789-4670DF1FF835.jpeg
FBB6A5F9-7F53-4260-B197-2E77DB6C7BB1.jpeg

My Craigslist find, 2002 model, made in Taiwan. The saw is solid but the stand is trash so I got a stick of 1 1/4” tube and a stick of 3”x3” angle and this is the result. I will be doing several more mods before this project is finished but I felt like a good base was the place to start. A down feed, true up the drive wheels, beef up the vise, maybe a VFD and 3ph motor are also planned. I replaced the guide bearings and aligned the new blade after I got the saw and it cuts square and true so I have a good base saw to start with.
More later.

View attachment 309466View attachment 309467
Hi, Thanks for your sharing. The photos you send to us is your garage? or some where in your home? did you often to cut something in this place? or you have to move to other place for cutting?

Hi, Thanks for your sharing. The photos you send to us is your garage? or some where in your home? did you often to cut something in this place? or you have to move to other place for cutting?
Yes, the saw is in my garage and used there. It is stored pushed up against the wall and rolled out into the open floor for use. This is still a work in progress. First primer paint coat applied today, second tomorrow, then paint, etc.

Hey, I think I have the same saw as you, Z2V, Central Machinery. And yes the original stand is junk, worse than junk, just awful!
My welding options are limited, but I can always use wood, so... Here is my version of a stand for a band saw.
The pan below turned out to not work well, so will try something else..
bandsaw01.jpgbandsaw02.jpgbandsaw03.jpg

Great looking stand, good job.

I use a "mud pan" to catch swarf. Also add an aluminum deflector "inside" the saw, to guide swarf from the blade gap in the table into the mud pan. This arrangement catches about 90% of the crumbs. This is also shown in post #24 on the third page of this thread.

PS - partially visible in the first photo is my own wooden stand. HATE that tin!

kHPIM4647.jpg

kkHPIM3616.jpg

Hi, We're saw manufacturer from Taiwan,many customer suggest us to add wheel set on the machine, therefore, we would like to ask some question below:
1. What is the purpose for you to have this wheel?
2. Is it necessary for you? why?
3. What environment you put this machine while cutting? does it relate to the wheel? I mean if you need to cut something, will you move your saw to outdoor?
4. What will be the recommend wheel size or design by your opinion?
5. Does those wheels will be the first priority for you to make decision when you want to buy a saw? why?
6. What is your job? a home user? please share with us any relate to the wheel set, thanks
Nicolas, it seems that you're not getting much traction with answers.

The purpose of the wheels is so that we can move the saw around. We are working out of small shops. Usually a garage. 12'x12' at most. We roll the saw out of its storage place to use it, then roll it back out of the way when we're done. The tiny wheels that most of these saws have make them hard to roll around, because they are top heavy and the stands are flimsy. A 6" wheel, mounted to the INSIDE OF THE FRAME would make life much easier.

4X6 Vertical Conversion, Part 1

As built, the 4x6 will cut either horizontal or vertical. In the vertical mode, the saw only has about a 2 in. throat. This is because of the twist imposed on the blade that allows it to clear the stock in horizontal mode. I've seen several saws converted for permanent vertical use, but none have addressed this limitation. I have run afoul of this throat limitation a few times in the last year. Today I realized there is a way to increase the throat to over 5 in. without modifying the saw itself. Fortunately, I have a second 4x6 that was given to me, a 70s vintage Taiwanese saw. It is not a quick change-over, I utilized the original roller blade guides

Here's the saw with the blade guide assemblies & supports removed.
20210722_115407.jpg

The blade guide support is where the twist is imposed on the blade, so I fabbed up new ones without the twist. This is the lower guide support, which also supports the table.

20210722_153806.jpg
20210722_152700.jpg

Interestingly, the fasteners on the saw all seem to be U.S Customary (inch) threads, but with metric heads. Picture a 5/16-18 bolt with 12mm hex head. Dimensions of features are also inch, the guide head alignment slot is .875 and the guide support bar is 1.25.

I will be working on the upper guide support and table in Part 2.

Last edited:
Back