Show us your Atlas lathe setup!

Bill,

It is. I've seen it in the catalog.

Bill,

Matt's idea is as good as any. The motor has to slide sideways to line up with the spindle pulley grooves. The hinges would each I think be one half of a standard hinge. And the motor weight would tension the belt. I would add setscrew collars outboard of each hinge half so that the motor doesn't try to walk sideways while running.

If there is a Craftsman serial number plate on the back of the bed, what is the model number?

Robert D.

New guy here, I posted in the new members thread but figured I would post a pic of my lathe here. This is my Craftsman 101.21400 I got a couple years back. I am a complete novice when it comes to these but I am excited to learn!

1EAA3BE2-D35E-4084-87D4-49C1F329E7B0_zpsxrtjt7jn.jpg

6B4AAB8A-B6D6-4E00-9313-D471847ED31D_zps5tuykn9w.jpg

ccski,

Your machine is a Clausing 6329, not Atlas. I moved your post to the Clausing-Colchester forum. Also, you will find one manual on the Clausing 6300 Series in Downloads. I think that it covers your serial number. If not, you might call Clausing @ 800-323-0972. Tell the operator that you want old Clausing lathe parts. Tell whomever answers there that you are looking for information on a Model 6329 and give your serial number. They may have a copy of the manual that they can send you, probably as a PDF. They also have a tech support group available.

Robert D.

Back