Show us your big old classic Trucks

An old Picture of my 79
I had a red and white 78 for nearly 10 years, it was replaced with an 87, and the 87 was replaced with a 95. That was the last of the 2 doors for us. We went to the Expeditions in 1999. That one had all of 260 hp. The 2020 has 375 hp. It's hard to believe the little 3.5 liter V6 is quicker and more powerful than the 351 V8.

The most fun one I had was a 1977 F150 with full time 4-wheel drive. I bought it to use as a service truck when I was in the auto repair business. I especially liked the electronic locking front and rear differentials for plowing snow. It was unstoppable when they were locked in, but impossible to steer. You pushed snow forward with the differentials locked and unlocked them to reverse and make another pass.

It wasn't easy on gas either. It got 11 mpg period. It didn't matter if you drove it at 30 mph or 70 mph, uphill or down, loaded or unloaded. It got 11 mpg period. I was glad I owned a couple service stations.

That burnout pic was shortly after I replaced the stock 400ci with a built up 460ci.

It went from 7mpg to 13mpg and WAY more fun to drive.

Back