Show us your big old classic Trucks

here is a 67 chevy c10 i'm working on.

67side.jpg

I picked it up back in jan or feb. i'm slowly making it more reliable. it has a mid 80's 305 that will be replaced with a 327 in the future. I replaced the granny gear 4sp with a 700r4 but I kept the original shifter in place. it's been reworked for the auto trans. I also converted it over to a serpentine belt system from a 90 Camaro. it will get efi, 4l80e trans, new wiring harness and a set of centerline smoothies with 55 chevy truck centercaps in the future. I rebuilt the front end last week so it doesn't change lanes on its own now.

67side.jpg

Just thought I'd show you one of the trucks I drive at work it's a 57 GMC Chassis that had a gas engine originally ,a 1952 KW front and a section 48 ford cab this is a true center steer with a escape hatch on top they put in a ***mins and no room for a turbo took out the original 5 speed main and put in an RTO 13 with 3 deep under and left the 3 speed brownie so do the math and you can see how many fwd and rev gears I have . I get a lot of looks driving this thing people are always taking pics of it . I can haul 42.5 feet legally on it front to back is 30 ft .

The other I just got from my mechanic 6 months ago took me 4 years to pry it out of him 1942 Ford 1 & 1/2 ton platform with PTO and hydraulic dump flathead V8 and 4 speed 2 speed Colombia rear

That's an odd one for sure, side visibility must be an issue when you've got the long stuff on, would't get away with that in UK for sure.

Pity the expletive deleter thinks CU-MMINS is a dirty word, not a nice way to treat a great American engine manufacturer... :lmao:

Love your 42 Ford, I do hope you keep it flathead...... :thumbzup:

Bernard

That's an odd one for sure, side visibility must be an issue when you've got the long stuff on, would't get away with that in UK for sure.

Pity the expletive deleter thinks CU-MMINS is a dirty word, not a nice way to treat a great American engine manufacturer... :lmao:

Love your 42 Ford, I do hope you keep it flathead...... :thumbzup:

Bernard

Thanks Bernard ,

I am keeping it a Flathead just going to update it to a 1949 8RT engine the last version of them .

and whoever X'd out my engine in my previous post :nuts: maybe you should do some research first here's just one

of the links by me on the west coast .

http://***minspacific.com/on-road/heavy-duty-truck you'll have to add a c um to the link to make it

work :banghead:

and whoever X'd out my engine in my previous post :nuts: maybe you should do some research first :banghead:

It's done automatically by forum software (that's why I think it's funny) a useful thing on some forums most of the time, it just needs some tweaking as mistakes appear....

These are not mine but they were my Dad's. The pictures date back to about 1958. At the time he ran a scrap metal yard in Brooklyn NY. Note the elevated railway in the background. The crane lasted at least until about 1970 but by then the pneumatic rear tires had been replaced with solid rubber like the front tires!
aldo_0005.jpg aldo_0007.jpg

Back