Show us your big old classic Trucks

Dranreb

Active User
Registered
The forum title doesn't say trucks, but hey surely I'm not the only one here to own one...

It's called a tractor but doesn't fit in the farm tractor thread, so here's mine to start it off, Tractor, GS Recovery, Heavy, 6x6 Scammell Explorer (1953)

Tinkers 2009.jpg

Forceful arena.JPG

Ongoing project, as I have to make a new clutch to remote gearbox shaft in the near future, will be needing help with this.

Bernard

Tinkers 2009.jpg Forceful arena.JPG

Now thats a beast right there!!! I used to own these two trucks. I sold them when I bought the house. Oh well, I will have one again some day lol. DSCF1114.jpg That was my 74 IH 200 One ton dually. 392, 4 speed, NP-205 transfer case, dana 70's at both ends with 4.88 gears!!!! It only had 13,000 miles on it when I sold it. If you could hook to something, that old girl would move it!!! But 50 m.p.h. was it lol.

723ca596.jpg That was my 75 200 3/4 ton 4x4. 392, 4 speed, NP-205 transfercase, dana 60 rear end and 44 front. It had 4.10s in it, but still strong as all get out! The 75s was the odd ball years for IH. Completely different motor mount set up, along with disc brakes on the front end. Which the rotors are made of unobtanium.

Chris

DSCF1114.jpg

723ca596.jpg

Tamper, like the IH, I do like a truck that can do proper work!

d4xycrq, nice Bronco, is that all your own work?

Those houses have a very British look to them.

Bernard

Tamper; Thanks! I'm a sucker for old iron.

Dran; Well spotted! I bought that Bronco in England and it now sits in my garage in Pennsylvania. Top is off now. Did a body on restoration in 1999, while in England. Paint was outsourced. Fast forward to 2013 - still running great, and my daughter drives it as much as I do.

Here's a more recent photo

KodakDuaflexIIonTRI-XMay2010002.jpg

Ray

KodakDuaflexIIonTRI-XMay2010002.jpg

This is not mine but it is a beauty. Saw it a the Port Elgin Pumpkinfest in Oct 2008.
Pierre

Port-Elgin-Truck.jpg

Oh man look at that Bronco... What size engine in her? I had two. 83 with a 300 ci and a 92 Eddie Bower with a 5.0. I have an Excursion now.
Pdentrum, what kind of rig is that? I can't make the name out.

The forum title doesn't say trucks, but hey surely I'm not the only one here to own one...

It's called a tractor but doesn't fit in the farm tractor thread, so here's mine to start it off, Tractor, GS Recovery, Heavy, 6x6 Scammell Explorer (1953)

View attachment 46825

View attachment 46826

Ongoing project, as I have to make a new clutch to remote gearbox shaft in the near future, will be needing help with this.

Bernard
Nice truck you have there. What type of fuel mileages does it get ? But you didn't restore it to worry about fuel mileage did you. What is the name
on the placard on the grill ?

I WANT one!!!!

John

View attachment 46825

View attachment 46826

Bernard

Back