Show us your big old classic Trucks

Oh wow... Oshkosh, That's awesome, thanks. I think they make airport fire trucks now, that has to be a rare find.

This is not mine but it is a beauty. Saw it a the Port Elgin Pumpkinfest in Oct 2008.
Pierre

Hi Pierre, very smart for an Oshkosh, they made some real ugly trucks, and I do love an ugly truck...

Nice truck you have there. What type of fuel mileages does it get ? But you didn't restore it to worry about fuel mileage did you. What is the name on the placard on the grill ?

Hi John, when he was petrol powered and running well mileage was around 2-3 mpg on a good day, and lots of gear changes needed. Now Cummins 290hp L10 diesel powered getting around 10-12 mpg and changing down for hills is a distant memory..

Not apparent from pictures is his amazing off road ability, second to none back in the day, and so easy to drive, have a look at this video, the lad driving had never driven one before, he drives up the steepest part of the grass bank right at the end of the vid, at least 45 degrees! http://youtu.be/XkA1xDU4j-0
The strange engine noises are from the APC that can be seen at the start, Forceful is just ticking over, he's that cool!

I borrowed the name Forceful from an old steam tug I which appeared in an old B&W film.

I WANT one!!!! John

You're not alone John, we meet up occasionally..only the blue one retains it's petrol engine, the rest have various diesels fitted.

1921.jpg

1921.jpg

pdentrem, no I didn't. That truck with AWD has to be a riot to drive...

What can I say or add "been there and done it" And yes they all got a good work out since Friday,
with close to 30 inches we aint done yet. & already into $1100 in fuel. And guess what, the new
trucks are those that broke down but not the old steady F900s and we never shut em off.

#1  34.jpg finnaly got paint.JPG 34 & trailer.jpg highway dept #28.JPG T-26.jpg Paullie loading #34.jpg ford.JPG snow.JPG

WOW GK. those are awesome! Are they all stock? Can we get some more pictures of your service truck?? :drool:

Chris

What can I say or add "been there and done it" And yes they all got a good work out since Friday,
with close to 30 inches we aint done yet. & already into $1100 in fuel. And guess what, the new
trucks are those that broke down but not the old steady F900s and we never shut em off.

Great lookin F900s you have there, stocky and tough looking, want one....or two!

Bernard

The service truck Chris, I still have to buy a camara batt. That pic was last summer. That stays inside
always cause Its got my sweetheart in it my Gas ac/dc Miller & a Lincoln mig. We keep all the big stuff
in it like wrenchs big big pipe wrenches heavier than me. air comp. and 100gal fuel tank. Im kind of
lucky we are support for a Desal water plant that my father sold them the land so my property
and the plant is like one piece of private property in which I have the keys. It has 4acres of summer
landscaping we have 5 tractor/mowers one 8N Ford / mower that mows the flats. Awful steep grades
has to be weed wacked. Five trucks to snow plow it, two loaders one sander all non stop on the recent
blizzard. Then the shop, they allways have something to machine. Big threading usually most
weird od ball. They take river salt water into drinking water pumped 30miles away, so things corrode
good for us. Seems funny but these people seem not to own a screwdriver= good for us. Three tanks
3 million gals of bryne to be refined. Tanks, something 100' high steel cofferdams then sprayed
concrete (many times) then a machine on tires like car tires that wraped miles and miles of 5/8 steel
cable (wire rope) around them amazing. Two times a year they have scubba divers go in there to inspect
oh boy. So Chris, I dont even have to register this truck It works behind locked doors and drive it right
inside the plant thats like a city block. The truck also carries about 300' of welding cable. Oh yea
V8 Flathead power (rules) one pic showing the tanks from our property ( monsters) samuel

truck 1.jpg pics 010.jpg

oops the crane, wife gave me a beating for that one. I dont need out riggers to pick 10 ton and then
the wind blew I slam on house brakes no brakes me load and all bye bye. The wind will turn a
manual crane like a windmill. This was when the plant was being built and she is still shovin this at
me. Pistol packin momma yellow winch truck, my kid on dozer go >> uprighted ok but structual
damage ???? so I got $4000 for scrap & scrap picked it up. So my fellow machinist I say Ive been
there I used up 8 of my nine lives. (I dont do these things any more)

easy way for a grease job RIP my old trusty crane samuel

pics 032.jpg pics 011.jpg

Back