Show us your Logan lathes!

Holescreek,

Want can you tell me about the stops on your lathe that I have identified with arrows. Did you buy and install them or make them? Any details would be great.

Logansale 001.jpg

The thing on the left is a Micrometer Carriage Stop (Logan made them as an accessory, that one looks a bit different than the one I have). The thing on the right is a "Trav-A-Dial". It's more of less a mechanical DRO.

Yep, Trav-a-Dial on the right. If you ever try one you won't be able to live without it. I moved that one from the Logan to my Traytop. The micrometer stop is home made.

Carriagestop5.jpg

Carriagestop.jpg

Carriagestop2.jpg

Carriagestop4.jpg

I thought I'd drop in and post a picture(s) of my Logan 200. I just finished painting it in the nick of time as the cold moved in on me. However, I didn't get to paint the stand or the tray yet. I bought this back in August of 2014. (I think from a guy near Truckee? He might be on here? It snowed on us that day.) and I am just now to the point of being able to use it.

Hopefully this edit is not picture overkill. But I've added all the painted pictures and the original condition pictures. Sorry the unpainted pictures are so dark. I think I was a bit too excited about my purchase.

Reno Paul (Added: 12/8/16 I was looking at all the pictures on this thread....ran into mine...I was thinking wow that looks familiar! Opps.)

painted Logan 200.jpg PC110009.JPG PC110010.JPG PC110011.JPG PC110012.JPG PC110013.JPG PC110014.JPG PC110016.JPG Wide topside.JPG Drive belt.JPG gear setup.JPG Headstock end.JPG PICT0274.JPG Rear of lathe.JPG the milling attachment side view.JPG the tooling.JPG PC110003.JPG PC110004.JPG PC110005.JPG PC110006.JPG PC110007.JPG PC110008.JPG

Last edited:
My avatar shows what I started with, and this is an in process shot. Working on a taper attachment right now while I am waiting for my chip pan to be blasted clean... This is an 820 with the turret tail stock..
1947 Logan Lathe upon arrival.jpg

First trial reassembly.jpg

And here it is completed, a few bushings to make and finish the hand wheels, and ready for another 60 + years of service.

Complete.jpg

Last edited:
Back