Show us your machinist's toolbox, inside and out!

Here's a cabinet I made . Birch ply construction, pine drawer fronts and full extension slides. Thought I would take the opportunity to indulge in a bit of a tool gloat - the drawer slides cost a way lot more than the baby drill press and x-y table. Henry
drill013.jpg
drill014.jpg
drill015.jpg

drill013.jpg

drill013.jpg

drill014.jpg

drill014.jpg

drill015.jpg

drill015.jpg

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who loves to find the right tool just below the hand without to look for it… :)

even though I have a lot of tool boxs and machinist boxs, I like this idea better for a lot of things, this is the rolling work bench in the big shop, it is 6 foot long and holds a lot of tools, and it has a light above and a four 110 volt out lets on it, when i'm working on the tractor in the winter I move both of them in at one time and can move the bench where I need it,
TheShopBench014.jpg

I love the safe on the bottom :)

One of my boxes.

Top: BL 3x magnifier, B&S mag base, homemade height gauge and scale holder, scales, loctite, small and large drill index's, magnetic mill way dial indicator analog readout.

Top drawer: Allen keys, few wrenches, small T nuts for who knows what, two mini pallet tooling plates.

Med drawer: Endmills, collets, micrometer, machinist clamp, countersinks, reamers, single point cutter arbor, boring head.

Bottom drawer: Parallels, boring bars in the Starrett box, V blocks, the first hammer I remember using and still use it occasionally, lab test tube holders as dial indicator clamps/snugs, flycutters, letter# stamps, tap wrench.

photo (24).JPGphoto (28).JPGphoto (29).JPGphoto (31).JPG

photo (24).JPG photo (28).JPG photo (29).JPG photo (31).JPG

Back