Show Us Your Shop Made Tooling!

Re: small saw on sb9

I made a small parts to my myfordboys saw.

Nice addition to your lathe, do you have other shots of this tool at different angles of use? Looks like a fairly large motor on it. Thinking outside of the box, I like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, this isn't up to you guy's fancy work nor is it an original idea, but it's handy. Sometimes finish off a thread with a die (lazy that way) and I made these diestocks. They ride on a guide shaft for accuracy until the threads are well started, at which time I can switch to an ordinary diestock. Made one for 2 inch dies and one for 1 1/2 inch dies.
Your tailstock die holder may not be super fancy, but its all about function and ease of use, I think you have it covered nicely on both counts, and looks pretty fancy too! Nice work!

- - - Updated - - -

Here are some vee blocks I made for the mill.

Cathead

Very Nice looking Job on the V blocks Cathead Good Job!

Re: Shop made tooling

A tapper turning attachment i made .

BJ

This is a piece of artwork! You are a true craftsman BJ, wow... I am aiming to be as talented and well planned as you as get back into the swing of things!

Bernie

here are a few I posted here in my albums:

a quick-rough-dialing-in attachment to the QCTP:

Some end-mill holders and blanks (planning to make a fly cutter with one of them):

This is how I centered work on the chuck... Not as elegant as your solution! And potentially marring..

p-s_endview.jpg]

Bernie

p-s_endview.jpg

How about some collet blocks for R-8? I don't want / can't afford to buy a set of 5C, so here we go. I made some for R-8. I started with square and hex stock. A pretty straight forward piece of lathe work. I bored each end separately, as the collet locates on the ends. I ended up with about 6 tenths of runout on a dowel pin clamped in the collets, close enough for me.
Yes the R-8 is limited on size selection, but I've already got them....
Enjoy
Ed Hoc

Block0IMAG0461.jpg

R8 Spec.gif

Block0IMAG0461.jpg R8 Spec.gif

How about some collet blocks for R-8? I don't want / can't afford to buy a set of 5C, so here we go. I made some for R-8. I started with square and hex stock. A pretty straight forward piece of lathe work. I bored each end separately, as the collet locates on the ends. I ended up with about 6 tenths of runout on a dowel pin clamped in the collets, close enough for me.
Enjoy
Ed Hoc

QUOTE]
Ed, making yourself an adjustable tailstock or v-block to support longer stock will come in handy. That's what I did and it worked out good for me.

Last edited:

Enjoy
Ed Hoc

View attachment 50994)
View attachment 50995

Ed, that's a nice idea, I like it. Thanks for sharing this. I also have tons of R-8 collets, and a few collet chucks that don't get used to often, so I think you created another project for me ; )

- - - Updated - - -

Enjoy
Ed Hoc

View attachment 50994)
View attachment 50995

Ed, that's a nice idea, I like it. Thanks for sharing this. I also have tons of R-8 collets, and a few collet chucks that don't get used to often, so I think you created another project for me ; )

After I made my hex R-8 block I made a round one with 1/4" reamed holes with my dividing head so I don't have to lift that heavy thing on the mill for small jobs. I just insert the pin in the correct hole and rotate it against the solid jaw of my vise. Just another way you can make one for any number of spaces.

100_6617.JPG

After I made my hex R-8 block I made a round one with 1/4" reamed holes with my dividing head so I don't have to lift that heavy thing on the mill for small jobs. I just insert the pin in the correct hole and rotate it against the solid jaw of my vise. Just another way you can make one for any number of spaces.

That's a very slick idea for a simple "indexer".

Thanks,

-Ron

Back