Show Us Your Shop Made Tooling!

Quickvise 1.jpgQuickvise 2.jpg

That's quite the two-tone paint job!!!

Congratulations, both for that and for a nice idea.

Quickvise 1.jpg Quickvise 2.jpg

I am not sure who I stole this from, but I really liked the idea. My big Clausing has a lot of torque and I have needed a quick vise for some of my drilling. So here is the evidence of my crime. :))

Randy

Randy, another idea, for bigger parts, would be to make two fences over T-nuts sliding in the T slots. In this way you'll have a big vise.

Marco,
I pretty well have the bigger parts covered . That table and my existing vises will hold about anything. My problem was the smaller parts, which I would inevitably try to hold with my hands .

Randy

here are some pics of my first machinist clamp i made probably a month ago.

used an etcho matic to etch my name in it, jaws were mystery steel bar i had, screws and tommy bars are drill rod o1, and the retainer piece is from an old brass door bottom kick plate. the brass screws are just some scrap 360 brass rod.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

here are some pics of my first machinist clamp i made probably a month ago.

used an etcho matic to etch my name in it, jaws were mystery steel bar i had, screws and tommy bars are drill rod o1, and the retainer piece is from an old brass door bottom kick plate. the brass screws are just some scrap 360 brass rod.

Very nice work. I like it.

Mike.

I must say there's a lot of cool stuff in this thread.

Here's one of my creations. It's a tool for chucking 2-stroke cylinder heads (Kawasaki H1) in a lathe in order to reshape squish band and combustion chamber.
The cylinder head registers on the tool using the bolt holes and is normally held onto the tool by the drawbar bolt going into the sparkplug hole.

Sometimes the sparkplug hole and part of the combustion chamber may have been welded shut, in which case the head can be held onto the tool using the small screws and washers instead. As soon as a new sparkplug hole has been drilled and tapped, the drawbar can be inserted and the screws and washers removed.

P.K.

Image_03.jpg

Image_04.jpg

Image_05.jpg

Image_16.jpg
Image_07.jpg

Image_08.jpg

Image_09.jpg

Image_18.jpg

Image_03.jpg

Image_03.jpg

Image_04.jpg

Image_04.jpg

Image_05.jpg

Image_05.jpg

Image_16.jpg

Image_16.jpg

Image_07.jpg

Image_07.jpg

Image_08.jpg

Image_09.jpg

Image_18.jpg

Image_08.jpg

Image_09.jpg

Image_18.jpg

heres a "decorative" plumb bob that I made for a relative. solid brass, think the brass cost me about $20, the rope holder is a 7/16 bolt that I turned the head and drilled through, also spotted the holes with a center drill. kinda neat I guess, its a fingerprint magnet so it should stay in a display.
plumb.jpg
plumbob.jpg

and here also is a valve seat installer for a Union Simplex pump, low volume high pressure TRI-E-glycol. co worker ruined a $250 dollar valve using a socket to install it lol. he asked if I could make a tool, that's what I came up with, stainless bolt stock for the handle/hammer end. 4140 for the business end, tig welded with 308 wire, it worked really well, I also fixed the valve, it had some indentations on the edge of the angle. the install tool is pin and box and welded
seatinstaller.jpg
seatinstaller2.jpg

plumb.jpg plumbob.jpg seatinstaller.jpg seatinstaller2.jpg

I must say there's a lot of cool stuff in this thread.

Here's one of my creations. It's a tool for chucking 2-stroke cylinder heads (Kawasaki H1) in a lathe in order to reshape squish band and combustion chamber.
The cylinder head registers on the tool using the bolt holes and is normally held onto the tool by the drawbar bolt going into the sparkplug hole.

Sometimes the sparkplug hole and part of the combustion chamber may have been welded shut, in which case the head can be held onto the tool using the small screws and washers instead. As soon as a new sparkplug hole has been drilled and tapped, the drawbar can be inserted and the screws and washers removed.

P.K.

Image_03.jpg

Image_04.jpg

Image_05.jpg

Image_16.jpg
Image_07.jpg

Image_08.jpg

Image_09.jpg

Image_18.jpg

Kaw (H1) the Widow Maker. I had one back in the mid '80's. Just about the only bike that scared me.
It could wind up faster than anything I'd been on at the time.

Image_03.jpg

Image_04.jpg

Image_05.jpg

Image_16.jpg

Image_07.jpg

Image_08.jpg

Image_09.jpg

Image_18.jpg

Image_03.jpg

Image_04.jpg

Image_05.jpg

Image_16.jpg