Show Us Your Shop Made Tooling!

Re: Shop made tooling

A tapper turning attachment i made .

BJ

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice Looking press you have.
That is a great idea with the scale with a pointer. That would definatly be handy when using a press brake. That press, is it a complete fabbed up job, or available some where? I seen many presses, but that one looks sweet.
Got anymore pics of that? And thanks for the scale and pointer tip :cool:

I built it. Heres another shot , I just added the winch to lift the table. You can see the brake on the floor. I'll have to take some pics of it

2012 012.jpg

Last edited:

thats really nice bj
steve

A tapper turning attachment i made .

BJ

Thats a lovely bit of kit Bob.
Did you make the dovetail from scratch? I would love to see some more detail of that, and how you went about it.

Cheers Phil

thanks for the comments lads

Hi Phil ,,,,,,,,,, yes all made from scratch , i have a few photos of the build ,but not all , sadly lost them ,moral back up your photos LOL. Any way here is what i have .

The bracket ,,,,welded fab

cutting the Deg graduations

The slider

after case hardening .

Link

Hope that was not too many photos . All i have of build

BJ

Last edited by a moderator:

I gotta get me some dovetail cutters.

The shop press looks awesome. The roller bearings on the top slide really caught my eye. I might just have to do that to my cheapie HF press.:))

Bob a Job

That is some very impressive work you have done on your taper attachment. Top notch looking job. I see your new here, Wellcome to the board, and thanks for posting your pics of your work. Nice job :biggrin::thumbzup:

Hope that was not too many photos

Ohhh so a comedian too!

Nah, seriously Bob, thats great work.
What coolant mix were you running with your dovetail cutter?

Cheers Phil

Back