• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE SUPPORT OUR FORUM - UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT HERE!
[4]

Show Us your Welders!

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

RandyM

Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
I thought it might be fun to see everyones welding set-ups. The little Cricket is set up for stainless. The 210 can do both steel and aluminum. Here are my welders and bench. Now! let's see YOURS!

Miller-210.JPG Welder Cart 1.JPG Welder Cart 2.JPG Welder Cart 3.JPG Welding Bench - 3.JPG

RandyM

Staff member
Thanks for posting Ryan. An hour after I posted this I got to thinking that I for got my O/A set-up. I might have to dig up a pic of it too.

Cheeseking

Active User
Dont do a ton of welding but it sure comes in handy when required. Picked up this brand new Miller Maxstar 150 STL a few yrs ago at a cant pass up price. First project was the stand. Sized it for a $10 steel surface plate l had. For a basement shop I find TIG is nice vs using stick to not smoke the place out.
yjytyzub.jpg
uma8ehyr.jpg
Does double duty as a work surface next to my lathe.
ydy4yjeq.jpg

pineyfolks

Active User
Here's mine for a little change of color..:lmao:, still dreaming of a plasma cutter. I did pick up a lift table that I use as my welding table, It will lift and swivel. I made a base so I can move it with my pallet jack

bill's garage Nov 2011 013.jpg bill's garage Nov 2011 014.jpg

Maxx

Active User
My junk, no pic handy of the TIG/stick welder but you can see part of it on the first pic.
No pics of my o/a torches.

482a696d-8945-436d-871e-4083557695d4.jpg

6-04-11-2.jpg

Last edited:

David

Active User
Here are my shop welders. Miller Syncrowave 200 has Tig/Stick capabiity, Miller 210 Mig machine, miller 135 Mig machine, and my favorite once it it restored is a 1969 Lincoln SA 200 Red Face. Also shown is the hypertherm PM 45 Plasma machine.

After seeing Randy's post I thought it would be a good time to pull the machines out and give them a cleaning and check the cooling fans.

David

welders 001.jpg welders 002.jpg

RandyM

Staff member
Randy, your shop is just too neat, and that's all there is to it!
Yes, you should invite us over........
Well guys, you found my weakness. I do like things organized, makes the projects more fun. Oh, you guys do not need an invite as you are all welcome to stop by anytime.

- - - Updated - - -

Dont do a ton of welding but it sure comes in handy when required. Picked up this brand new Miller Maxstar 150 STL a few yrs ago at a cant pass up price. First project was the stand. Sized it for a $10 steel surface plate l had. For a basement shop I find TIG is nice vs using stick to not smoke the place out.
Does double duty as a work surface next to my lathe.
Jacob, Now that is something I haven't seen before, welding on a surface rock. How does that work out for you? Oh, and that is a very nice stand, stainless?

- - - Updated - - -

Here's mine for a little change of color..:lmao:, still dreaming of a plasma cutter. I did pick up a lift table that I use as my welding table, It will lift and swivel. I made a base so I can move it with my pallet jack
William, Now I really like that lift table. That is a great idea and swivel ta boot, nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are my shop welders. Miller Syncrowave 200 has Tig/Stick capabiity, Miller 210 Mig machine, miller 135 Mig machine, and my favorite once it it restored is a 1969 Lincoln SA 200 Red Face. Also shown is the hypertherm PM 45 Plasma machine.

After seeing Randy's post I thought it would be a good time to pull the machines out and give them a cleaning and check the cooling fans.

David
David, you have a very nice set-up there. You should be able to handle almost anything that comes your way interms of welding. Thanks for the post.

- - - Updated - - -

My junk, no pic handy of the MIG/stick welder but you can see part of it on the first pic.
No pics of my o/a torches.
Max, I would love to comment your set up but, I am at work and if you post your photos anywhere else ohter than directly to the sight I can not see them. Thank you for joining in though.

Ray C

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Staff member
H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
Pretty basic setup but it all works. It's an Everlast PowerPro 200 (AC/DC TIG, Stick and Plasma) and a Lincoln AC/DC tombstone. The cart is made of aluminum and was the first project I did after teaching myself to TIG weld for a few days. The front and top shelf are at a 10[SUP]o[/SUP] angle for convenience. It's rock solid. I've since added more storage boxes on the front and back. All of the welding stuff is in one place.

Cart.JPG Loaded Cart.JPG

Ray

Cart.JPG Loaded Cart.JPG

danwsmith7

Iron
Registered Member
I have a Lincoln 225 as well... I like how yours is on a bench I would love to have mine stationary but my father's MIG and my TIG are mobile to get around cars in his body shop.

jbltwin1

Active User
You guys are all too neat. My welding stuff is scattered between the garage, the shed and the basement. I will NOT show pics as it's a pig pen. Too many projects, too much junk and NOT enough room. Stick welder and one set of torches in the garage, one mig welder and one set of torches in the shed. Grinders, drill presses, lathe and another set of tools in basement. Too much stuff. Mike.

Rbeckett

Platinum
Rest In Peace
OK, so now I gotta go out to the shop and snap some pics? Or is my list good enough? Ummm lets see if I can remember them all

1.) Lincoln V-100s
2.) Millermatic 210 mig with 3035 spool gun accessory
3.) Miller Econotig
4.) Hypertherm PM-1000 G3 with machine torch
5.) Century 135 110V/so Amp mig
6.) Bull dog 160 stick and Tig welder with Tig torch for ferrous metals.

After collecting all of these tools over a period of years I have supplemented them with specialized tooling from Van Sant enterprises. Items such as coping tubes and tube positioners for rigging frames. I also have an English wheel, a planishing gun and a small sheet metal brake for thinner material. These tools all fit nicely with the 4X4 small shop machine from Torchmate. I also have a small roller, a thin material bender, and a JD Squared tubing bender for fabbing up chassis in DOM 4130 or Hot rolled tube. Welding and metal fab are my strong points since I am still very new at machining.

Bob

RandyM

Staff member
Gee Guys, maybe you can help me out a little. What was the title of the thread? :lmao: Thanks for joining in though. And now that you listed them, do you use them?

Rbeckett

Platinum
Rest In Peace
Sorry Randy.
I'll try and slip out to the shop in the morning and snap a few pics of the welders and my shop. Right now it is a disaster area, but looking better all the time. I did read the header, but I got lazy, so I appologize and will fix it asap...

Bob

RandyM

Staff member
No harm done Bob, just having fun with ya. :))

Old Iron

Active User
Heres all mine except my plasma cutter it is lurking around in the mess some where it is just like Randy's. I haven't used the Miller Stick/Tig/High freak in about 6 years but it still works.

I use the portable ever so often and it has a K generator on it so it comes in handy when a Hurricane come along and knocks out the power for a few weeks.

I do use the MM 251 with spool gun and the old tomb stone Lincoln, But not a lot mostly use the mig.

Paul

Portable.JPG MM 251 & Miller with high freak.JPG Old Linclon Tomb Stone.JPG

Ironken

20151012_170257.jpg

Found this old thread......equipment is my weakness. Figgered I would post my metal melters. L-R.... MM252 is set up with C15 for spray, Syncrowave 210, MM190 is my daily driver set up with C25 for lighter stuff and my Spectrum 375.

Last edited:

Ed.

Active User
MIG and TIG.jpg
Seeing as this post has been bumped up from a few years ago, I might as well add to it. Here are my 2 welders, a Miller Auto Invision 456 and a Everlast 256P

RandyM

Staff member
Seeing as this post has been bumped up from a few years ago, I might as well add to it. Here are my 2 welders, a Miller Auto Invision 456 and a Everlast 256P
There is no statute of limitations on threads. resurrecting old threads is encouraged. Oh, nice machines and carts, thanks for posting.

Last edited:

RobertHaas

My MillerMatic and my synchro wave do the lions share of fab work, I also have a Thermo Dynamics plasma cutter. I built this cart to hold the Mig and the Plasma Cutter as well as some misc. stuff like the spool gun and supplies.

Painted it miller Blue just to balance it out.

10.jpg 2.jpg 9.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

GarageGuy

Active User
Here are mine. Everlast Power Pro 256 AC/DC TIG stick, and plasma, and a Hobart BetaMig 2510. Under the Everlast there is a Miller water cooler for the TIG torch, and behind that a refrigerated air dryer for plasma and powder coating. The cart is aluminum, and was the first project I did when the TIG welder was new 4 years ago.

GG

welders.jpg

gr8legs

Active User
OK, I'll play too!

I don't weld a lot so this first pic is the usual configuration of the 'welding corner' - the machines are behind all this stuff in the foreground - the surface grinder (which I also don't use much and needs to be re-positioned somewhere, but where?), the bandsaw, turret punch, finger brake and shear. You can just see a bit of the stick welder cable hung over the window behind the white shrouded object - that's a clue!

WeldingEquipment_1.jpg

So I moved all the camouflage away from the corner to reveal most of the welding machines: A Lincoln Idealarc 250 (the classic roundtop I learned on at night school), a Miller 180 Syncrowave on top of it, the plasma cutter to the right and the welding table (with a Lincoln 100 and Miller spot welder hiding underneath) on the right. The welding table is a rollaround that also carries an assortment of filler material and stick welding rods. All of this stuff is situated near the door so I can do most of the smoky, sparky welding outside - and also near the power panel.

WeldingEquipment_2.jpg

There isn't room for the mig welder with the others, so it lives under the workbench on the other side of the shop. I set the height of the workbench to allow exactly enough clearance for the CO2 cylinder to slip under there.

WeldingEquipment_3.jpg

This mig is a Miller 250 - which I eventually figured out was Miller's 'orphan' machine - they quickly came out with an improved version (the 251) that runs and starts better - oh well, someday I'll change to a better machine - maybe it'll be red instead of blue?

WeldingEquipment_4.jpg

And of course, the usual assortment of Oxy-Acetylene stuff that I forgot to photograph.

If you're wondering, it took about 3 minutes to clear the equipment from in front of the welding corner - and it gave me a chance to sweep the floor for the first time in several months. I leave clearance space in front of the machines and I can actually get to the welders with all the other equipment in front of them - I just couldn't take the picture!

Stu

Ironken

That is a Millermatic 250X......you may consider using some C25. It may run a bit better for ya than CO2. You mentioned going Red. I've owned a small fleet of both and ran tons of each. Some of the Red ones are imported now and the Blue ones for the most part are ASSEMBLED here. For me, that matters. None have been bad machines although I had a Lincoln PowerMig 180 (industrial version) as my small machine and now have all Blue. I gotta say, my Millermatic 190 is a better piece of equipment. The Red one would overheat and trip before the Blue one but, I'm not nice to them as far as duty cycle goes. If you are looking for a replacement for your 250X, my 252 is a beast. I am very pleased. I have that machine set up with C15 and use it just for spray. It hasn't even wimpered, even when the gun is hotter than the hubs of hell.

Superburban

A Hobart 4 KW generator, 200 amp dc welding, powered by a Wisconsin v4. Also has on board air, and plenty of tool storage, and space for oxy/ acc tanks. Working on transferring it to a 77 Dodge 4x4 clubcab chassis. Will have an 8K PTO winch on the front, and a 12K electric under the bed, going out the rear. The red & white with stripe will be the final color.

1743067.jpg 0525151823-00.jpg 00h0h_11c9wVLB74t_600x450.jpg 00X0X_fzugkFBuU9f_600x450.jpg 0805151909-00.jpg

[6]
[5] [7]