Show Us your Welders!

MIG and TIG.jpg
Seeing as this post has been bumped up from a few years ago, I might as well add to it. Here are my 2 welders, a Miller Auto Invision 456 and a Everlast 256P

Seeing as this post has been bumped up from a few years ago, I might as well add to it. Here are my 2 welders, a Miller Auto Invision 456 and a Everlast 256P

There is no statute of limitations on threads. resurrecting old threads is encouraged. Oh, nice machines and carts, thanks for posting.

Last edited:
My MillerMatic and my synchro wave do the lions share of fab work, I also have a Thermo Dynamics plasma cutter. I built this cart to hold the Mig and the Plasma Cutter as well as some misc. stuff like the spool gun and supplies.

Painted it miller Blue just to balance it out.

10.jpg 2.jpg 9.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Here are mine. Everlast Power Pro 256 AC/DC TIG stick, and plasma, and a Hobart BetaMig 2510. Under the Everlast there is a Miller water cooler for the TIG torch, and behind that a refrigerated air dryer for plasma and powder coating. The cart is aluminum, and was the first project I did when the TIG welder was new 4 years ago.

GG

welders.jpg

OK, I'll play too!

I don't weld a lot so this first pic is the usual configuration of the 'welding corner' - the machines are behind all this stuff in the foreground - the surface grinder (which I also don't use much and needs to be re-positioned somewhere, but where?), the bandsaw, turret punch, finger brake and shear. You can just see a bit of the stick welder cable hung over the window behind the white shrouded object - that's a clue!

WeldingEquipment_1.jpg

So I moved all the camouflage away from the corner to reveal most of the welding machines: A Lincoln Idealarc 250 (the classic roundtop I learned on at night school), a Miller 180 Syncrowave on top of it, the plasma cutter to the right and the welding table (with a Lincoln 100 and Miller spot welder hiding underneath) on the right. The welding table is a rollaround that also carries an assortment of filler material and stick welding rods. All of this stuff is situated near the door so I can do most of the smoky, sparky welding outside - and also near the power panel.

WeldingEquipment_2.jpg

There isn't room for the mig welder with the others, so it lives under the workbench on the other side of the shop. I set the height of the workbench to allow exactly enough clearance for the CO2 cylinder to slip under there.

WeldingEquipment_3.jpg

This mig is a Miller 250 - which I eventually figured out was Miller's 'orphan' machine - they quickly came out with an improved version (the 251) that runs and starts better - oh well, someday I'll change to a better machine - maybe it'll be red instead of blue?

WeldingEquipment_4.jpg

And of course, the usual assortment of Oxy-Acetylene stuff that I forgot to photograph.

If you're wondering, it took about 3 minutes to clear the equipment from in front of the welding corner - and it gave me a chance to sweep the floor for the first time in several months. I leave clearance space in front of the machines and I can actually get to the welders with all the other equipment in front of them - I just couldn't take the picture!

Stu

That is a Millermatic 250X......you may consider using some C25. It may run a bit better for ya than CO2. You mentioned going Red. I've owned a small fleet of both and ran tons of each. Some of the Red ones are imported now and the Blue ones for the most part are ASSEMBLED here. For me, that matters. None have been bad machines although I had a Lincoln PowerMig 180 (industrial version) as my small machine and now have all Blue. I gotta say, my Millermatic 190 is a better piece of equipment. The Red one would overheat and trip before the Blue one but, I'm not nice to them as far as duty cycle goes. If you are looking for a replacement for your 250X, my 252 is a beast. I am very pleased. I have that machine set up with C15 and use it just for spray. It hasn't even wimpered, even when the gun is hotter than the hubs of hell.

A Hobart 4 KW generator, 200 amp dc welding, powered by a Wisconsin v4. Also has on board air, and plenty of tool storage, and space for oxy/ acc tanks. Working on transferring it to a 77 Dodge 4x4 clubcab chassis. Will have an 8K PTO winch on the front, and a 12K electric under the bed, going out the rear. The red & white with stripe will be the final color.

1743067.jpg 0525151823-00.jpg 00h0h_11c9wVLB74t_600x450.jpg 00X0X_fzugkFBuU9f_600x450.jpg 0805151909-00.jpg

Back