Show Us Your Welding Projects!

Hey Greg,

Im sure your enjoying the weather these days.
I don't mind blending welds as the job was hourly :p. I will say, I rely on cheaters for any welding or I would be a "grinder" vs a welder haha.
Sucks getting old, just went double nickel on the 19th and to boot, I think the shoulder is F%^Ked again. Stupid doctor should have went open surgery on my shoulder like I originally requested.
Today's high is 106-107º so enjoy your Canadian weather.

Paco

I well aware of what nerf bars are for but being tucked in so tight offers little protection. I've see my share bars mashed into body panels where the doors wouldn't open. If it just to look cool on a daily driver then to each there own. Again nice fab work.

A lovely 80 f here today with 30% humidity. Was helping a friend put up siding the other day at 90 f but probably 80% humidity. I've enjoyed your dry 100+ weather, will take that over the humidity.

Greg

I well aware of what nerf bars are for but being tucked in so tight offers little protection. I've see my share bars mashed into body panels where the doors wouldn't open. If it just to look cool on a daily driver then to each there own. Again nice fab work.

opening sentence of post;
A repeat customer came to me with a brand new Tundra 4x4. He wanted a very specific rocker panel protection. He doesn't do anything too aggressive off road but he does tow a trailer with a Polaris 4 seater razor. That said he insisted the protection be bolted, flush as possible and strong enough to support the rig if used as a jack point if needed. I achieved the customers request.

Paco

I got my plasma table kit from Weld tables/Certiflat. I'm setting it up, and using ratchet straps since I do not have long clamps, it's working out. I had to tap, and fidget, but it's square, now to figure out my tack weld strategy.

Well the powder coaters got the nerf bars blasted and coated ahead of schedule. They where actually ready yesterday but I was on shift unable to pick them up until today.

The hardware was treated to a dash of anti-seize and lock washer added.
Passengers side:
View attachment 270067
Drivers side:
View attachment 270068
View attachment 270069
Rear passengers door open shows how tucked in they are.
View attachment 270070
Overall look.
View attachment 270071View attachment 270072
Lastly a couple of shots from a 3 Alarm fire we had last night. incredibly hot fire melting cars (plastic parts) across the street and catching palm trees a blaze from 70 + yards away. Freaking crazy night.

Four story student housing project University of Arizona.
Notice the power pole on fire from the radiant heat.
View attachment 270073
One of two tower cranes, the other one not seen is collapsed
View attachment 270074
Hard to believe it rained for two days over the weekend soaking the building materials.
Stay cool fellas,
Turn and Burn!
Paco

wow

what is the building built from to be burning that well ?

stu

Got the plasma box tacked together, still have to put the stand together, and make a catch tray....

Back