Show Us Your Welding Projects!

Those are some nice looking welds and wonderful work as well, I'd love to try Tig welding, me and a stick welder is more like a comedy routine than anything productive, all I can say is thank christ for my mig welder and auto darkening helmet, even with the mig I still mark my welding skill/progress as a ratio of good welds verses the ones I need to grind out and redo.:))

Thanks. Like I tell people, welding is NOT something you can read in a book and go do like many other things. It is about 5% theory and 95% practice, practice, practice (don't quote me on the percentage/statistics though):thinking:.

I will dig through some pictures on my computer and see if I can find a few more. Many of the projects that I do for clients I don't feel comfortable displaying on the internet as I don't want to violate that trust. I have gotten permission from a few on various things but most I don't even ask. My personal projects I have no problem throwing pictures up on.

Mike.

Here is a swingarm for a Suzuki LT500R that I fabricated for a client in Texas. He sent me the dimensions, some OEM parts for measurements and I fabricated it and shipped it to him.

What would be the chances..... of you adopting me! I'm cheap to keep....

Cheers

Ian

Heres my never ending project. We dont have big open areas so I like "woods buggies" or stadium lite style buggies.

1006257_663877886960507_1742194099_n.jpg 525647_599178746763755_1206375005_n.jpg 557990_598100350204928_1010028226_n.jpg 1002730_653060284708934_1728202108_n.jpg 1185326_697357566945872_53978988_n.jpg 1236607_697357423612553_91561513_n.jpg 1239618_697357496945879_1474631790_n.jpg

Looks clean to me. I dont know how a man can live with out a welder. they just come in so handy for things like you got here
I don't have many welding projects but this one I'm proud of, I wanted a blade on the lawn tractor for plowing and to do some light bulldozer work, the Sears setup was quit expensive and not very ridged.
I also wanted a way to be able to lift the front end to be able to remove the mower deck easier, so I needed a design that would allow the winch to stay on permanently and still be able to open the hood, I did the mounts first with the winch then designed the plow mount to fit, the blade cost $80 and the rest was assembled from scrape I had collected.
In the second picture I just have temporary bracing on, I have an electric actuator for angling the plow that has yet to put on, when ever I start using something before it's finished it seem to take a long time to get back to the project.
The last picture isn't welding but related to the project, the dam cable kept fraying, very hard on the hands, those little frayed wires go right through leather gloves.

View attachment 78600

View attachment 78601

View attachment 78602

View attachment 78603

- - - Updated - - -

Nice and clean. It really does flow with that trailer like it was built for it. Even though it was, you know what I mean :thumbsup:
The finished product, I'll get some more pictures after the owner paints it & some with the trimmers in it.
Turned out really nice And solid as a rock

Looks clean to me. I dont know how a man can live with out a welder.

I have nuts!
And bolts, too…
:roflmao:

Jokes apart, after seeing the disasters made by many self-defined welders, I'll wait until the local "bricklayer school" will make the next welding course for external students.
The suggestion "buy a welder and a box of sticks, when the box is half empty you know how to weld" (coming from the Scientist of the Village, of course) doesn't seem a genial idea.

Nuts and bolts did not build that, they simply mounted it best I understand it. Theres no need to go to school to learn to mig weld. Not to play in the shop.My dad got me my first welder and I came home every day for at least 30min and welded scrap to scrap. At some point it dont look to bad. Even before it dont look bad it starts to actually hold. Same as a guy who buys a mill and never seen a mill before. It's learnable from home. I'm no welder by any means but I get it done
I have nuts!
And bolts, too…
:roflmao:

Jokes apart, after seeing the disasters made by many self-defined welders, I'll wait until the local "bricklayer school" will make the next welding course for external students.
The suggestion "buy a welder and a box of sticks, when the box is half empty you know how to weld" (coming from the Scientist of the Village, of course) doesn't seem a genial idea.

my really simple projects include:
a railing made from schedule 40 1-1/4" black pipe frame and 1/4" black pipe spindles. The bends were factory bends cut and welded.IMG_3225.JPG
A lathe stand for my 10 * 24 jet mini wood lathe (they want so much for such poorly constructed OEM products)IMG_3226.JPG

and a fireplace frame that I modified. It came with a square top. I could have bought an arched top, but the price was significantly more. We all know where that leads- spending more time and money on it than just buying what you wanted to start with.IMG_3229.JPG I really don't like fabricating, I find it much more dirty and gringy than I like. But necessity dictates that you do it.:welding:

IMG_3225.JPG IMG_3226.JPG IMG_3229.JPG

I'm new here also. Here is a mobile base my son and I fabricated for our newly acquired Grizzly G0755 Mill-Drill.
image.jpg
The base is made up of some scrap 6" C-channel across the front and back and a combination of 1.5" angle and 3" C-channel along the sides. All material is 1/4" thick. We attached 4" C-channel as caster mounts. The caster are from Tractor Supply. They are 4" diameter, and rated at 700lbs. each. We added mounts front and rear for leveling bolts at each corner to level the machine when in operating location.

image.jpg
With the base installed under the G0755, we gained about 9 1/2" in height and the mobility we needed in the shop.

image.jpg image.jpg

Here is my first aluminum job. It is my paint booth doors. From here they don't look to bad but, up close you can tell I was learning. The good news is, they are still standing and filtering the intake air. I consider it a success.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm new here also. Here is a mobile base my son and I fabricated for our newly acquired Grizzly G0755 Mill-Drill.

The base is made up of some scrap 6" C-channel across the front and back and a combination of 1.5" angle and 3" C-channel along the sides. All material is 1/4" thick. We attached 4" C-channel as caster mounts. The caster are from Tractor Supply. They are 4" diameter, and rated at 700lbs. each. We added mounts front and rear for leveling bolts at each corner to level the machine when in operating location.

With the base installed under the G0755, we gained about 9 1/2" in height and the mobility we needed in the shop.

Your base turned out very nice. It looks like you thought of everything.

Oh, and :welcome2:

Thank you for jumping into the fun. Keep up the good work.

DSC_0020.JPG

Back