hoobywata

Registered
Registered
Hi guys,
Hoping someone can help. Brought my SC2 out of the shed where it has been sitting for a while and it originally wouldn't turn on.
Getting power and the green light would turn on but two secs later the fault light would too (no spinning).
Read somewhere that the potentiometers inside are sometimes not calibrated correctly so gave R29 a small counter-clockwise turn.
Ran mint after this, until i tried removing the chuck safety guard wires by plugging the wires that connect into the switch wires onto each other (Black wire that goes to motor straight onto estop.
Sounds like a motorbike running now so quickly put it back to normal.
Now it isnt starting without a spin by hand, seems to rev way over its max over a tiny difference on the knob if you dont help it start it whines and then pops the fuse or fault light comes on and when it is spinning i can grab the chuck and stop it.
Is there a starting point on the potentiometers to try and reset them or have i just stuffed my motor???
PLEASE HELP

So i am going to figure out how to delete this post, turns out when i reassembled it one of the plugs pulled loose, all better now :)

No need to delete, these posts help remind others to check simple things like wiggling the wires. Glad it's working now and welcome to the group.

Cheers,

John

Back