Sieg Sc4 Series Repair Parts

Vegemitesandwich

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Anyone know a source for spares for this series machines? Mine happens to be a LMS 3540 but they are marketed under several labels. Might could make the part but I need the lathe to fix the broken mill and I need the mill to fix the broken lathe.

LMS doesn't have the part you need? They list a ton of SC4 parts on their website.

Tom

P.S. I also have a 3540. I love it. I'm curious, what broke?

LMS doesn't have the part you need? They list a ton of SC4 parts on their website.

Tom

P.S. I also have a 3540. I love it. I'm curious, what broke?

LMC has not yet responded to my query, I assumed they were having the same difficulty as I.
I crashed the power cross feed and broke #278 Bearing hook II and bent #279 Bearing hook I. They are made of pot metal and I assume sacrificial parts to save the lead screw, worm wheel or any other gears in the apron. As for the machine, I like it so far, big step from my little HF 7 X 10. Those Chinese are like gravity not too strong but relentless.

Did you find them on the LMS list? They show both parts as in stock. 4148 and 4221. You might want to call and verify. They call them something different than the manual does.

Tom

Did you find them on the LMS list? They show both parts as in stock. 4148 and 4221. You might want to call and verify. They call them something different than the manual does.

Tom

Thanks Tom. Go figure they would call them something different than the description in their own manual. I did a couple of searches and they didn't respond to my email query so I just assumed that they didn't have them. They are also waiting on an RMA to return for credit which might explain as well.

HI Vegemitesandwich,

I don't know if you ever got the parts you needed. But, Grizzly has carried a number of the Sieg Machines and is an excellent source for parts, often at a lower price that LMS. The G0516 Lathe/Mill combo, has the lathe portion I believe from the same C4 Family of lathes. I even believe they once carried the C4 lathe on its own, but I can't find the old part number. I've found Grizzly very often still carries parts for the machines the no longer sell. You just need to find the Grizzly Model number and search for it on the Grizzly site, which will bring you to their "discontinued" page, with the option to purchase parts at the bottom.

Hope this helps,

Chris

Yes, I did find them at LMC. Funny now, I broke the damn thing before it ever made its first chip. I admit, I am suprised. I run the little guy hard and I cant seem to break it. 8 tpi threads in a 4" dia just about stopped it.That would be it's limit. For it's size and money its a nice little machine and I have made a few nice parts. I just got rid of the wife now I got room for a bigger machine

Back