Sieg SC8 and its spindle mount

Ok measured and carriage to center height is 1"

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Excellent, thanks.
Looking at the schematics, the BXA would fit, but be limited to 1/2" tooling.
Seems the BXA would be over-sized then, I don't think the awkwardness of the BXA is worth it for the added mass.

Thanks again, this keeps me from trying a BXA then dealing with shipping it back for an AXA :)

-Josh

Josh, I'd be interested in your thoughts on your SC8 too. I'm thinking about getting one.

Or, anyone else's thoughts would be good, too. :)

Franko, I got my SC8-PRO a few months back and am very happy with it (coming from a 7x12). Feel free to bounce questions my way.

Thanks, atunguyd. How do you think Sieg compares with Precision Machine tools? PM has an 11x27 large bore that looks very good to me. Plus, I kinda like the mechanical switches and pots better than inscrutable (if they malfunction) touch pads.

Sorry mate I am located in south Africa so I do not know the PM range. I also prefer knobs to buttons but the buttons are not bad and this is not the first time sieg have used this system so one would assume they have the bugs resolved by now.

Just want to mention. Don't buy from Bolton I have been struggling for a year to get the gears that should have been with the lathe. Their support stinks on their products. Lathe is fine but with no after support you could get in a bad place if things break or missing items.

greetings from Texas, I have been using this lathe for a year now. I will get back in a bit with info.

Back