SIEG-SX2LF-HiTorque-Mill-500W Mill any good?

paul_cpu

Registered
Registered
I don't have a mill, I have a small drill press what I some times use as a mill. I think thinking of getting one.

What are peoples thoughts on this:

It depends on the size of the work you plan to do with it!
I have the same mill since 2011 I made a few improvements and corrected a few issues it had.
Finally I converted it to CNC
Overall I'm very happy with it it is a nice tool for its size.
I would not buy it from e-bay though! I would buy it from a specialized shop.
Petros

The seller is a local shop. This is there website: ausee.com.au

Then you have all the support & parts you may need later.
To be honest so far I never needed anything apart from the 7206B-2RS angular contact ball bearings For MT3 spindle to upgrade the machine.
I bought mine from here (no relations). In the same place You can find some Projects & Articles as well

I have that mill (Canadian Busy Bee)and use it daily, it is a good mill but it still is a mini mill, it does come with a brushless motor, longer bed but it is limited and lacks rigidity due to its size, there will be times that you're happy you have a mill for jobs that only a mill can do but also there will be times you wish you had a more capable mill.
I did not wait, got the mill and use it with pleasure but can't dream of doing bigger projects , if you are okay with that, then go for it and please don't forget, whatever the price you have to pay for this mill, you still need to spend just as much for the tools like end mills, collets, etc. to run it. :)

That one in your link seems a bit bigger/heavier with more features although I had not seen it around my neck of the woods , it is twice as much in price , if it is totally new to the market , I would wait a year or so to see what others think of it.
How is the used tool market in your area? with that much money you probably could get a decent used mill.

I’m amazed these mills have plastic drives. They seem to hold up ok.
Interesting articles petcnc
The bearing improvement replacement article is a good example of why I would lean toward a new mill that already has proper engineered components. Is this possible?
These small lathes and mills are a great size for model making.

I'm actually thinking I might step it up. Yes I have already spent a ton on the lathe.

Thinking now on this one: https://www.ausee.com.au/shop/item.aspx?itemid=3977
Interesting that this mill only specs a 16mm facing cutter same as the X2 questions how much better it is for the cost. I also live in AU on Ebay you can get a big lathe new from SA for that price it looks good but too big and heavy for me.

Back