Sieg X0 micro drill/mill

That's a cute lathe! :))

I'm sure you've looked into it, but I guess that there's no possibility of adapting the Sherline WW collet adapter to fit the Sieg spindle?

M

Well, I have been toying with the idea but to be honest, I haven't pursued it so far. Should do that one day :))

Well the Proxxon MF-70 arrived this afternoon.
Installation was really easy and took less than 1/2 hour.
I did not do anything usefull yet, but it is a sturdy machine and really easy to operate. As far as I can tell now, it seems to be verry accurate.

Thanks for the good advice and I am certain that I will enjoy this little machine.

Well the Proxxon MF-70 arrived this afternoon.
Installation was really easy and took less than 1/2 hour.
I did not do anything usefull yet, but it is a sturdy machine and really easy to operate. As far as I can tell now, it seems to be verry accurate.

Thanks for the good advice and I am certain that I will enjoy this little machine.

I'm glad to hear you're pleased with it, I'm sure it was the better choice.

Please post some pics once you start making a few parts.

M

Here some pictures as promised. Not exactly milling, but drilling holes to make a lantern pinion for a clock.
IMG_2577.JPGIMG_2576.JPG

IMG_2577.JPG IMG_2576.JPG

Last edited:
7HC, thanks for those links in post#4. They lead to more links and now I've got a 1/2 doz windows open I need to bookmark, LOL.

I've got the JET version of the X1 and haven't seen most of those webpages before.

Dennis

7HC, thanks for those links in post#4. They lead to more links and now I've got a 1/2 doz windows open I need to bookmark, LOL.

I've got the JET version of the X1 and haven't seen most of those webpages before.

Dennis

You're welcome! :))

Make sure to post a couple pics of your machine in action.

M

Jan.

I know that this is a very old thread, but I was wondering whether you are able to give an update onhow you have got on with your Proxxon MF70 mill. I am thinking about getting one and would like to know how they last over time.

Thank you.

James.

Hello James,

I am still a happy user of this micro lathe. I did buy a Sieg X1 mill as well which I use for bigger work. The max mill cutter size for the Proxxon is 3 mm which is really small. You will enjoy the Proxxon if you have work in that size category.

Jan

Jan.

Thank you for your reply. The type of work for which I am considering it is gear wheels for clocks and other clock parts. I would be mostly using it on brass, although if it can cope with mild steel, that would be a bonus.

I have seen a number of conversions of the machine to CNC operation. This is something that fascinates me, although I currently know nothing about doing it. As the conversion looks simple enough, I may look into this if I do buy one.

Regards,

James.

Back