sig sauer armorers class

upTheHill

Active User
Registered
took the 2 day sig LE armorer class at the sig sauer acadamy in epping nh this weekend.
excellent class if you want to add it to your certifications (like me) or just want to know how to fix your sig. they go over all the styles in their classic line (p220 - p228) and for the final practical you have to completely disassemble the gun,and put it back together and show the instructor a functioning gun. I must have been a little to cocky, plus I had all the pieces lined up in groups depending on function, and he swept all the pieces into a bucket, shook the bucket and dumped it out, and told me to call him when I'm done. The look on my face must have been special,:panic: cause he just laughed when he walk over to the next person. Still finished 3rd out of 15 people in the class, about 70% LEO or Military.

I'm signed up for the Glock armorers class in May, and will take the Sig advanced armorers class when it runs again. in the advanced class they give you a broken dirty 1911, you have to disassemble, clean and fix it, and for the function test go next door to the range and fire off a mag of rounds. it go boom in a good way, not KABOOM in your face, you pass.

In school, that was how both of my instructors did the labs, "For when your customer brings in the paper bag of parts that their 'brother' turned the gun into". Did you have a diagram or have to do it from memory? I need to take some of those classes for work too...

Karl

did it from memory.
I'm signed up for another class next month at windham weaponry, they used to be bushmaster, before it was sold to remington and moved out ofmstate.

took the 2 day sig LE armorer class at the sig sauer acadamy in epping nh this weekend.
excellent class if you want to add it to your certifications (like me) or just want to know how to fix your sig. they go over all the styles in their classic line (p220 - p228) and for the final practical you have to completely disassemble the gun,and put it back together and show the instructor a functioning gun. I must have been a little to cocky, plus I had all the pieces lined up in groups depending on function, and he swept all the pieces into a bucket, shook the bucket and dumped it out, and told me to call him when I'm done. The look on my face must have been special,:panic: cause he just laughed when he walk over to the next person. Still finished 3rd out of 15 people in the class, about 70% LEO or Military.

I'm signed up for the Glock armorers class in May, and will take the Sig advanced armorers class when it runs again. in the advanced class they give you a broken dirty 1911, you have to disassemble, clean and fix it, and for the function test go next door to the range and fire off a mag of rounds. it go boom in a good way, not KABOOM in your face, you pass.
I read that you took a Sig course and I could use some help. I have an 80% sig p228 kit that needs to be finished but I am unable to locate a usable blue print, can you assist me with this

Back