Sight mount for henry big boy

scurv

Registered
Registered
I want to make sight mounts for henry big boy that will hold redfield international sights I like these better than the alum. Sights that I am currently. I am think of using a 12l for the metal to hang the sight over the side with out putting new holes in the firearms. Any thoughts about any other free machining metals that you like never used 12l before maybe aluminum and powder coated would work ok. Have any of you done this

I made some bases for the flip up sight on the back strap of a Winchester 92 it was the peep sight but the mount was missing , no great feat to machine it . I used cold rolled and blued it to match. I use to get lots of side work from other shooters in the club's I'm a member in. The most pita job I had was making a new rear stock for an lc Smith ideal grade. Lots of hand fitting . Tedious to say the least .

Thanks for the reply I decided to try 12L14 and some mild steel I hav 3 to make. 12L14 will take 10 days to get the mountain william area of idaho. I will try and post a pic when done

Scurv

I have watched a guy make scope rings and trigger guards 12L14 and they blued up nice, I did not see the bluing done but seen the finished product. I hope it works for me. It seemed to machine really nice. The 12l14 should be here monday, hope to start then.

Back