Simple and inexpensive vise-based ring roller

Nice work on the roller. To control the metal and ensure it stays flat. You could add a couple of more threaded holes to the flat roller vice jaw plate. Then create a couple of bolts that have a flat washers welded to the bolt shaft that align to the bottom of the rollers, that would create shelves to start and catch the metal as it passes the rollers.

I like the idea , another great attachment for the vise, I will copy your idea next time I need heavy duty rings rings , I also like the way you use the 2" receiver to attach different tools , you do need a heavy bench like that (and bolted to the floor/wall) to make it possible , my vise is bolted to stand that's anchored a wall, it's not removable like yours.
Well done brino, I just like everything you make don't I ?.lol.

I would like to see more details of your vise mounting scheme. It looks like something clever is going on there.

okay a couple last details about the vise mount......

Here's the 2" receiver at the front left corner of the welding bench:
front-left.jpg

The two benders shown above live in ammo boxes on the floor under the bench.

Here's the 2" receiver at the front right corner, both are slightly below flush with the table top:
front-right.jpg

....and one last thing with the vise base.
First it can obviously be indexed every 90 degrees in the square receiver.
However, I also milled some circular slots to allow some adjustment when required.
I also have two holes that can be used if the bolts ever try to slide in the slots.

vise_base.jpg

That steel disc is 8" diameter and 1/2" thick with some 2" x 1/4" flat bar used as gussets for strength.

vise_base2.jpg

It shouldn't fall off.

-brino

Back