Simple Rotary Table

excellent work, thanks.
but no thanks for sticking me with another project:laughing:

Thank you all again
I have used it several times and works fine.

Ray

This picture shows how the table brake is assembled. It pushes against the table spindle land above the worm wheel.
View attachment 141985

This is how I cut the divisions using the bed of my lathe. I messed up on the first try so I cut them off and had another go.
360 marks of different lengths was quite a job but I only made a couple of minor oops.

View attachment 141986

After a little bit of sanding than a coat of paint. (wife's finger nail polish)
View attachment 141987

This is the result.

View attachment 141988

They are not all perfect but they turned out better than I had hoped.
I don't think I will try to number them now as that never turns out very well for me and I am not sure it is needed.
The long lines are 90 degrees apart and the next shorter ones are every 5 degrees. It should be easy enough to figure out.

Thanks for the likes everyone and thanks for looking.
Ray
Great work
This picture shows how the table brake is assembled. It pushes against the table spindle land above the worm wheel.
View attachment 141985

This is how I cut the divisions using the bed of my lathe. I messed up on the first try so I cut them off and had another go.
360 marks of different lengths was quite a job but I only made a couple of minor oops.

View attachment 141986

After a little bit of sanding than a coat of paint. (wife's finger nail polish)
View attachment 141987

This is the result.

View attachment 141988

They are not all perfect but they turned out better than I had hoped.
I don't think I will try to number them now as that never turns out very well for me and I am not sure it is needed.
The long lines are 90 degrees apart and the next shorter ones are every 5 degrees. It should be easy enough to figure out.

Thanks for the likes everyone and thanks for looking.
Ray
great work.
Is nail polish the recommended material for colouring the marking

Thank you for documenting the project.
It is an inspiration to me.
Thanks

Is nail polish the recommended material for colouring the marking

I don't think it is recommended but it does work and the wife didn't mind.

Thanks

Ray

Very impressive project all around Ray. I would be delighted with an outcome like that, one big att'a boy, on a job well done. Cheers, Mike
Thank you brino

The box cost me more than the table did.
Thanks all

Ray

A very impressive project, great attention to detail, and beautifully finished. I can only aspire to such quality work.

Back