Simple Rotary Table

Ray, that dial turned out wonderfully!
Great work!

-brino

Thanks brino
After examining the dial closer it is some of the 5 degree marks that are off by about 1/2 degree. All the 1 degree lines and the 90 degree lines look fine. It must have been that I had the brake a little too tight when I did the 5 degree lines.

Ray

You have done a top job Ray. Well done.
I like Projects that start out with "what if I..."
pete

I did a little more cleaning up all over and assembeled.
s29.jpg

s30.jpg

Marking holes for my 4" 4 jaw chuck mounting plate.

s31.jpg

Here it is all done for now.

s32.jpg

I may add some T slots later but most of my work will be either in the 4 jaw or through the morse taper.
It weighs just over 11 pounds and very sturdy.

When I started I was going to make a simple rotary table but as it progressed the project just kept on growing.
I have surprised myself how it turned out.

I want to thank everyone for suggestions and encouragement along the way.
Thanks for looking

Ray

I told my friend Chris that I was going to make a box to store the rotary table and the pieces that went with it and he said it will probably be some exotic thing with mitered corners.
"No" I told him just a simple wood box for storage.
Well like so many of my projects it got a little out of hand and one thing led to another.

rt1.jpg

rt2.jpg

rt3.jpg

rt4.jpg

The table sits in a recess in the bottom and I had to cut out some of the side for the table to fit.
It has felt feet on the underside so it won't get scratched.
Maybe over the top?

Thanks for looking

Ray

It resembles a treasure chest.......but that's fitting, considering the contents.
Well done all around.

-brino

Looks like a simple wood box to me......ROTFLMBO!!!!!!!
Great work on the whole project. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Just adding to the compliments---
Fabulous work Ray!! Thanks for documenting !

Very impressive project all around Ray. I would be delighted with an outcome like that, one big att'a boy, on a job well done. Cheers, Mike

Back