Simple tilt table

I would like for all of you guys who have built your angle plates to know that they are all beautiful works of art. I only wish I had the time to build some of the things I've seen you guys do.

Too many guns to fix or build. No time for my own fun. My wife keeps telling me I'm retired and I should take it easy. I retired from working for someone else. When you work for yourself, it hard to just quit. One day soon, I hope. Then I can play with my tools like you guys do.

Keep up the nice work and know it's appreciated,

Ron

Stevecmo- thanks for the link to the T-slot table. I've been meaning to make a t-slot cross slide for my Craftsman for a while, but the Unimat milling table I had on hand seemed too small. Now I can sell the Unimat table and pay for this one!

I'd like to make an aluminum tilt table as well, but w/o the notch on the round bar. Reason: If you mar up the flat plate, resurfacing won't touch or leave the round bar un even. I prefer the round bar underneath the end. Yes, you can't tilt it all the way up, but all I need is 55° max.
The design in the video above is cool, but I'd make the round bar under the table to sit flat in the vise, no parallels or blocks, so it can pivot easily and straight. You can indicate off of precision angle blocks, use a protractor, etc... I would use a support block or jack under the tilted table. Set screws can be used for shallow angles or support rests on the vise.

Last edited:
One addition I made, I inletted a 1/2" piece of drill rod into the underside of the plate, exactly 4 inches from the center of the round bar. Through calculation this allowed me to 1) use the plate in a true horizontal position, and 2) use Jo blocks to set angles. for instance for 30º need a 2" Jo block.

I made one too. The thing I don't like about is the 1/4" holes clog up too easy.
e9d110eaa6f66f84c7bcef54924a530d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Back