Simple welding or soldering needed

xanaphyst

Registered
Registered
Howdy folks. I'm hoping someone might want to do a small job for me. I need the two pipes and fitting welded or soldered together.
Then I need another one made from the pipe above it exactly the same. I tried soldering it together a few times but as you can tell ....
I'm no good at it. Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• asdf.jpg
    asdf.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 215
  • asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 208
That looks like a JIC fitting on the right side. what pressures are you dealing with? I advise that anyone reading this not to take up the offer unless you are certified for welding pressure vessels. If this is for some 3k-5k psi hydraulic set up, than this could have lethal potential. The quickest solution will be to buy a pre-made manifold and fittings, then wrench them together. No welds, than no weld to fail.

You have all the parts and you just need them welded? What are they made of? Is it the top one you're tying to copy or the bottom one?

You have all the parts and you just need them welded? What are they made of? Is it the top one you're tying to copy or the bottom one?
The bottom one is correct. It just needs to be welded together.

The one on the top is the parts needed to fabricated another one. I need two in total.

The material is stamped steel.

and the fitting welded on the end? Because of dissimilar material and thickness, I'd probably braze that....If that indeed is part of it.

and the fitting welded on the end? Because of dissimilar material and thickness, I'd probably braze that....If that indeed is part of it.

Yeah the fitting goes on the end. Braze/weld .... pretty or ugly makes no difference. I just need it to hold 40 psi. It a fuel injector rail for a
air cooled Volkswagen engine. The rail in the picture is too bulky to fit in the space required.

Attachments

• 91842.jpg
    91842.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 183
That's awesome! I built pre 68 buses and bugs for years...Had some damn fast ones (2135cc) never F.I. though. Looks like those need to be spaced JUST RIGHT..no wiggle room, how do you say we get that dead on?

Back