H-M Supporter Gold Member
- Sep 23, 2010
I am currently doing a engine swap on a Simplicity Sovereign 18 Hydro replacing a Kohler TH18 engine with a Briggs Vanguard 18. The tractor is a power steering version so worth upgrading. The engine kit included a driveshaft to engine adapter that used 2 bolts to mount the adapter to the engine and 2 to mount the original Kohler adapter to the new adapter. New engine and original engine have different bolt patterns. Original construction used 4 bolts to mount it up but 2 to the engine and 2 to the driveshaft adapter, I thought using just 2 bolts was weak since original design used 4 bolts. I made one with both 4 bolt patterns retaining 4 bolts to engine and 4 to the driveshaft adapter. The one on the right is the one I made using both 4 bolt patterns. Hope I did not confuse anyone!