Singer

That's pretty cool! I don't know anything about sewing but I am very familiar with the Singer name. Nothing beats the look of old streamlined shaped machinery!

That's cool. I believe Singer produced small parts for the war effort in WW2
Martin

They must have sold millions of them. I found a portable one at the dump a few years back, in beautiful condition, still need to get it oiled and working. When I tried to find a manufacturing date the serial number showed plants all over the world. Mine was made in St Johns Newfoundland.
Incidentally the two speed three phase motor on my Hardinge lathe is made by Singer.

Greg

I once got one from a guy that sewed football field Astro turf together with industrial treadle
machine retrofited with a motor ,Wish I still had that one, it sewed thru saddle leather no prob.
This one appears to be made in the 60s , came with all the extra attachments ,
It looks hardly used, lady said it's been in storage 40 yrs I got it for $40.00
I'll need to clean and oil it

My mother had one just like that, Even the table looks the same, She had that one and a treadle one that she used for heavy stuff. They both would take a beating.

Looks like a Singer 15k. There were millions made and they actually gave 25year guarantee , with some T&C's . Interestingly enough Singer was not a great fan of reverse (on the stitch length regulator). Most tailors used to lift up the presser foot and move the material by hand backwards to overcome this. The next model up was the 31k, it was used for tailoring etc as well as light upholstery, some were fitted to treadle stands.

Quickcut: it is a mod 66-18, it has reverse on the stich lever, waiting on oil ,belts before putting into service

Sorry my bad description, I meant it looks similar to a 15k, as far as the sludge of the memory, I seem to remember that the difference is in the type of shuttle movement.

No prob , singer sure made / make bunches of them,

Back