Size of concrete pad for G4003g lathe?

Or just build a deck on top of floor. 2x4’s on edge double up where ever you like. Then 2 layers of plywood criss crossed. You can level platform so less leveling of lathe feet. Your just displacing the weigh over a larger area. Build platform large enough for you to operate machine. Easy, removable, less work and money.

When you walk on one slab does the one next to it move? If it doesn't move build your pad to hold the lathe and walk on a separate pad otherrwise build the pad large enough so you and the lathe go together. As Eddyde said wire mesh and some rebar above the bottom high enough to let the largest rocks in the mix to pass under it. I would place some cross pieces of rebar in there too. Compaction of the earth under the new slab is critical, get it as hard as you can, water aids in compaction but don't make mud.
Have a good day
Ray

I have very little experience with concrete and at one time was thinking about cutting 4 holes in my wood shed to install Sonotube concrete forms for the base of my lathe. Never did pursue it though. As their web site states,
"Sonotube concrete forms stand strong as the most economical way to create round columns for buildings, entryways, structural columns, light posts and other commercial and residential structures. "

Most garage pads just float on earth. Having sonotubes is good but if one heaves or drops with freeze- thaw than it become a problem.
For such a small area I think a slab would be the best option or deck it.

I have watched this thread for a while. In my opinion there are more problems associated with making this base in concrete than by making a base in wood (and/or steel) that rests on top of the existing concrete with balanced wide load placement on both slabs. And like another reply, I would make the base wide enough that you feel comfortable at the controls while standing on the base (I consider 2 feet minimum). Finally, I put leveling screws/jacks on all of my tools.

I would probably make it out of 4x4s axially with the bed of the lathe held together with lag bolts or all thread.

10' wide X 4' deep X 3' thick, you can not have enough machine base in the hobby world, the bigger the better.

Back