Skrooz-on

ddickey

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Bought a bunch for all my files but disappointing how they fit. It said for 10" but I guess I should have boughtthumbnail_IMG_20170421_195512949[1].jpg the Size 6's.

The last time I bought file handles, there was a chart on the back of the package indicating which handle to get for which file. I went by that and have been quite happy with the results.

I just went by the length of the file on the ad but oh well.
Anyone need any skrooz-on handles? Lol

Yeah, I think I have more mis-fit handles laying around than I do correct handles being used.:chunky:
At least there's a handle on the file!

No reason the handles shouldn't work. Drill them out a bit and hammer the shank home.

No need to drill. Just heat the tip of the tang red hot and bang the handle on to your desired fit.

Cheers Phil

WATCH OUT -

SCROOZ-ON file handles have hardened steel thread inserts - that's how they screw on, by cutting their own threads in the file tang.

Forgot to mench - - - I've used those handles on files where I could only screw them on a short way, and have been reasonably satisfied.

I was going to say I agree with Phil, burn em on, until Frank posted. I didn't know that about the Scrooz-Ons but now the name makes sense.

I choose to go a different route from wood. I like the Pferd soft grip handles but the their slightly less expensive hard plastic handles are nice too.

Img_2077.jpg

Yep, me to. Didn't know about the metal inserts. So probably then, I would go the opposite route and grind down the tang a bit until they fit like you want. Just sayin... sometimes U have to tweak the tool to make it work...:encourage:

Back