• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You

• As some of you know, I have wanted to stop managing H-M for some time. It's a tremendous strain on my personal life. I want to set up my own shop. In September, September 15, to be exact, it will be 8 years that Hobby-Machinist has been in existence.

I have been training VTCNC to run things here. Dabbler is going to learn too. I feel that they are ready to start taking over the operation. I will be here to help in case they need, but I don't think they will. Tony Wells is and will be here also to consult with. I will be doing backups, upgrades, and installing addons. Other than that, I will not be around. I am leaving this place in good operating condition, and financial condition.
    --Nelson
[4]

Slick Low Shop Stool

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

jmarkwolf

Active User
Registered
Wasn't sure which forum to post this item, but here goes.

There is a Harbor Freight item I always thought would make a nice stool. It's designed as a dirt bike stand with 1000lb capacity (item#67151 ).

Many times I find myself working on something that I can't get to a more convenient height, and my current stools are a little low (and seem to be getting lower every year), so I bought it with a 25% off coupon ($30 - 25% = $23).

I was pleased to find that it is indeed a nice comfortable low stool. It's height is a comfortable 16", it has cross braces that will support a tray for stashing tools, and even has a built-in "back pressure reducer" for those infrequent gaseous moments! :)

What's not to love?

Dirt_bike_stand.jpg

kd4gij

Active User
Registered
Neat with the hole in the middle it can have duel purposed. :laughing:

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
i had one to perch my 01' Yamaha 426 on.
it was a really nice platform to work on the bike as well as park it .

for a few extra dollars, you can get a K&N Filter fresh air kit, for those moments of odoriferous emanations :eek:

alloy

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
I have one of these that I use to work on manual transmissions with. I put them in nose down on the center hole. Makes it easy to work on them. Definitely worth the money.

[6]
[5] [7]